Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   headlights (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358814)

mmmmmbrother 10-16-2005 12:23 PM

headlights

i just left my headlights on overnight, im not an idiot i was jsut tired as [censored].
when did they first get headlights that turn off when you turn off the ignition. 1990? how [censored] hard is it to wire a relay into the ignition system.

i think this was a major failure on the part of humanity.
that is all.

SackUp 10-16-2005 01:03 PM

Re: headlights

This thread would have been much better if it was about boobs.

Brain 10-16-2005 01:05 PM

I think my car makes an annoying noise when they're still on.

Otherwise,
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

spamuell 10-16-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when did they first get headlights that turn off when you turn off the ignition.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably a reason why this is dangerous or it would be done. To do with the engine cutting out, possibly.

JeffO 10-16-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CORed 10-16-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when did they first get headlights that turn off when you turn off the ignition.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably a reason why this is dangerous or it would be done. To do with the engine cutting out, possibly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only situation I can think of where having the headlights turn off with the ignition would be a stuck throttle at night. If the throttle sticks open (pretty rare, but it can happen), about the only thing you can do is shut off the ignition. This is why most car ignition switches have an ignition off steering wheel unlocked position, and some make you push a button or someting to go from the "off" to the "locked" postion. Of course, if the switch is desgined to only shut off the headlights in the "locked" position, you can still shut off the ignition in a throttle stuck open emergency and have headlighs to see until you get the car out of traffic.

IggyWH 10-16-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can make my damn radio stay on even after the key is out of the car until I open my door, than they should have no problem coming up with a safe way to automatically turn off headlights.

mostsmooth 10-16-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how [censored] hard is it to wire a relay into the ignition system.

[/ QUOTE ]
how hard is it to just shut them off with the switch?

10-16-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can make my damn radio stay on even after the key is out of the car until I open my door, than they should have no problem coming up with a safe way to automatically turn off headlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what you guys are driving, but my car had (until I wrecked it) auto shutoff lights after I turned off hte car. I have an old jeep now, so it doesnt obv, but any higher end car should.