Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scariest Movie Ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402567)

Eurotrash 12-21-2005 07:34 AM

Re: Scariest Movie Ever?

[ QUOTE ]
Hellraiser scared the raising hell out of me while I was watching it, but I can't even remember why it was scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

these movies always wigged me out because of the way the pinface guy in [censored]'s avatar (the "hellraiser," if you will) shot multiple CHAINS with hooks on them at his victims. this usually resulted in the people being impaled/ripped apart/strung up to die in some painful and creative way

i'm pretty sure that's why i found them kind of scary.

I second the Aliens movies, those things are scary. another one that I remember being scary was Event Horizon (though for some reason i expect many to disagree.)

Blarg 12-21-2005 07:40 AM

Also Diary of a Madman.

Martin 12-21-2005 07:56 AM

I remember that. A chick two seats down from me shrieked, then got up and ran out of the theatre, leaving the guy she was with sitting there somewhat perplexed. He got up and left shortly afterward. I always wondered if the movie freaked her out or if he tried to make a move [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sykes 12-21-2005 07:59 AM

Event Horizon

[censored] that movie.

12-21-2005 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Grudge is not that scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original Japanese version is scarier.

12-21-2005 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Event Horizon

[censored] that movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell is just a word. Let me show you...

(I accidentally watched some of that movie thinking it was just straightforward sci fi and having a love for Sam Neill. Big mistake.)

4_2_it 12-21-2005 10:11 AM

Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Alien, Nightmare on Elm Street to name a few. Of course seeing these in a theatre instead of your living room raises the scare factor......

Nicholasp27 12-21-2005 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Birds and Birds 2.

Man, as a kid I would sneak out late at night to watch that on the big screen... I would have to dig my face in the couch during commercials 'cuz I was so freaked.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm confused
u snuck OUT to watch on the big screen (i assume a movie theater back then), but there were COMMERCIALS and u had a COUCH to stick your face into?

what movie theater had commercials and couches when u were a kid?

WDC 12-21-2005 10:29 AM

I have never watched another horror movie since I saw Phantasm when I was 12.Phantasm is one scarry and creepy movie that gave me nightmares for several months.

4_2_it 12-21-2005 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never watched another horror movie since I saw Phantasm when I was 12.Phantasm is one scarry and creepy movie that gave me nightmares for several months.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even scarier if you have a relative who resembles the Tall Man.