Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Not sure how to take this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361093)

LoaferGee12 10-19-2005 06:10 PM

Not sure how to take this

Villain is relatively passive, nothing out of the ordinary though.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>

I just wasn't sure what line to take here on out. 3-bet seemed like spewing and a stop n go didn't make too much sense. Should I just go in to check-call mode?

10-19-2005 06:15 PM

Re: Not sure how to take this

I think 3 betting here is spewing. Against a passive opponent I think this means top pair or better a vast majority of the time. You are chopping with a worse king like 1/3 of the time. I'd just call down.

Eeegah 10-19-2005 06:17 PM

Yeah I think we can check/call U/I as a WA/WB play. If he's trying to bluff us off then we'll the the maximum from him this way, and we certainly want a showdown with this.

LoaferGee12 10-19-2005 06:25 PM

Alright that's what my thoughts were as well just wanted to make sure I wasn't off base.

lautzutao 10-19-2005 07:04 PM

If he's passive I'd just let go of the hand...I don't see how you could think you have a great hand here. You might have split outs to add to your three 8 outs but that's not really worth continuing is it?

lautzutao 10-19-2005 07:05 PM

Why do we certainly want to showdown with a player that will have us beat a huge majority of the time when we he puts in a raise?

BluEsiNsOuL 10-19-2005 07:10 PM

In a blind defense situation a raise on flop doesn't mean too much. Lots of people will raise you with bottom pair or a draw.

lautzutao 10-19-2005 07:14 PM

Am I mischaracterizing passive? Passives I play would call down here unless they had 2-pair or a big TP. I don't see a passive raising with something that doesn't beat K8.

LoaferGee12 10-19-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I mischaracterizing passive? Passives I play would call down here unless they had 2-pair or a big TP. I don't see a passive raising with something that doesn't beat K8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he's labeled passive doesn't mean he's on the extreme end of it. Especially in this defense situation he could be raising here with any King. If I had a read like "only bets the nuts" then it'd be a different story.

lautzutao 10-19-2005 08:09 PM

Fair enough then, seems to make sense enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]