Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Poker Documentary (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=752)

02-27-2002 03:33 PM

Poker Documentary

Hello:

I am an independent San Francisco-based journalist and filmmaker currently researching a documentary on professional poker players.

My intent is to find California-based professional players as they prepare and compete in the World Series of Poker. I am trying to locate compelling people to interview for the documentary and was hoping that this might be a place to meet charismatic and outspoken players. I am also looking for people who can give insights and colorful stories about people and the game who might not be competing in the World Series, again based in California. I would be grateful for any help or ideas.

I currently work with Agence France-Presse, National Public Radio, and MSNBC. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

R. Scott Macintosh

pokerdocumentary@yahoo.com

02-27-2002 05:20 PM

Re: Poker Documentary

Scott,

You came to the right place. You should come the Lucky Chances in Colma, California on Wednesday or Friday. This week you can catch Ray Zee, a world famous player and writer who does not play the WSOP. Next week Bobby Hoff and Salim Bahtson (Sam) should be back from the Commerce. Bobby might be there today. Both are longtime veteran no limit pros. Bobby ("the Wizard") is world famous and placed second in the main event in the early eighties, taking a terrible bad beat. He's had more than his share of heartbreaker defeats at the WSOP. He's your best bet for the old-time veteran angle. Sam played for the first time last year and placed 21st out of 612. Both are at the very top of the profession.

Alex Roberts is the guy you want to talk to. He's a strong young no-limit pro who's been playing pro poker for five years and played the WSOP last year for the first time. He's perfect for the young-talent-pursues-dream story. Tell Sam and Alex I sent you to them. They'll be happy to help. I barely know Bobby but he's a courteous guy so it wouldn't hurt to ask him.

Tommy Angelo is the consummate limit holdem pro and writer. He likely won't play the WSOP but will be your best interview. Be sure to make him play a couple of his poker songs for you as you may want to use them.

You can e-mail me for phone numbers at mflynn3@yahoo.com if you wish.

Matt

03-01-2002 10:00 AM

Re: Poker Documentary

I thought Tommy went to the WSOP and got excited about it in one of his columns - give him the entry fee and you could probably put a camera down his underpants.

I want 25% if you win Tommy.:)

G

03-05-2002 09:09 PM

FORGET TOMMY!

Give ME the WSOP entry fee and I'll let YOU in my underpants.