Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AA turn c/r (feeling sexy...) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371039)

Solid_p 11-03-2005 12:10 PM

AA turn c/r (feeling sexy...)

Good time for sexy? Villains have ~20 vpip.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets...</font>

hobbsmann 11-03-2005 12:13 PM

Re: AA turn c/r (feeling sexy...)

no. I generally will only try things like this in HU pots and play in a very straight forward manner multiway.

Solid_p 11-03-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no. I generally will only try things like this in HU pots and play in a very straight forward manner multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally I agree with you. My thinking on this board though, was that this is rarely getting checked through and I'm only behind to something like A7s/87s against these opponents.

Hope to see more opinions. I've started to add the turn check raise to my arsenal, when I have been the aggressor earlier in the hand. Now I'm just looking for the right spots to use it.

brettbrettr 11-03-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually do this more in multiway pots, I think. Especially if the situation is I have a big big hand in EP, I bet the flop and get 2-3 callers, I like checkraising the turn sometimes. I don't mind the play at all.

11-03-2005 01:21 PM

...MP3 folds...Button caps...Hero calls.

River X
Hero checks...Button bets...Hero calls.

Button has 87 of hearts.

I like your play, but I still think you lose.

brettbrettr 11-03-2005 01:27 PM

Are you inventing the end of the hand? Why? His losing has precisely nothing to do with his line.

11-03-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you inventing the end of the hand? Why? His losing has precisely nothing to do with his line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm just speculating, nothing wrong with that.

brettbrettr 11-03-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm just speculating, nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with a lot of things. Fortunately, a lot of things don't apply.

11-03-2005 02:16 PM

There's three things I like about this line.
-It makes the table less likely to try crap like this in future hands.
-It's fun and sexy.
-Something about value... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Solid_p 11-03-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...MP3 folds...Button caps...Hero calls.

River X
Hero checks...Button bets...Hero calls.

Button has 87 of hearts.

I like your play, but I still think you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mp3 folds, button calls. Button call x river. MHIG. But we shouldn't be results oriented here.