Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   really annoying commerical with a message (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392676)

Voltron87 12-06-2005 02:45 PM

really annoying commerical with a message

There's this commerical I've been seeing on TV way too much, some white guy in a suit is getting lunch. His hispanic waiter gets him plain bread instead of whole wheat. The guy starts yelling at the waiter, "hey man, i asked for whole wheat, 'el wheato'". the other people at the restaraunt give him this disgusted look. Then the white dude (who is really overcast to look like a douchebag) says "well if you want to work here, you have to speak the language, you know what i mean?" and one of the patrons gives him this solemn goofy look and says "No sir. I don't." Then there's this voiceover about some anti racism organization or something. Its logo is a candle or something.

wtf is it even supposed to prove?

Shajen 12-06-2005 02:47 PM

Re: really annoying commerical with a message

that only white people are racist.

miajag81 12-06-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. That waiter totally stole a white person's job.

Spicymoose 12-06-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf is it even supposed to prove?

[/ QUOTE ]

That adding "o" to the end of any English word makes it sound a bit spanish.

Ulysses 12-06-2005 02:53 PM

Voltron,

I was sure this post was going to be about the commercial where a dude sticks his fist in his mouth because his friends who told him to smoke weed told him to do it, but he can't get it out.

Shajen 12-06-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. That waiter totally stole a white person's job.

[/ QUOTE ]

It twas sarcasm dude. The message the commercial is trying to get across is simple, it just annoyed the OP. Ya dig?

swede123 12-06-2005 02:54 PM

You clearly missed the point. The waiter is the racist here, imposing a silly demand that white people should eat white bread and brown people should eat brown bread. The customer is trying to break down these barriers, but clearly the man (the waiter) is keeping him down.

Swede

imported_The Vibesman 12-06-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious. It's one commercial. If it was a hispanic person belittling an Asian, would you interpret that as "Only Hispanic people are racist"?

I find that white people's tendency to jerk the knee and scream "reverse racism" is one of the funniest things about American culture today. Oh, us poor, put-upon white folk. How do we even survive when today's society is so intent on keeping us down?

BTW, the commercial does sound really stupid.

Luzion 12-06-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious. It's one commercial. If it was a hispanic person belittling an Asian, would you interpret that as "Only Hispanic people are racist"?

I find that white people's tendency to jerk the knee and scream "reverse racism" is one of the funniest things about American culture today. Oh, us poor, put-upon white folk. How do we even survive when today's society is so intent on keeping us down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hilarious that you thought he was serious.

Shajen 12-06-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I guess I need a better way to express sarcasm.