Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 - A couple hands from tonight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347463)

Intent 09-30-2005 05:05 AM

3/6 - A couple hands from tonight

Hand 1
I'm thinking I should have just checked behind on the turn and folded the river UI against two other players. Is that correct?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Hand 2
I'm unsure on how to play weak aces against aggression, and this was my first hand at the table against this unknown, no reads. I figured a raise could be an A with a bigger kicker, a smaller pair, or a flush draw. I planned to fold if raised here on the turn. Is this correct?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

Hand 3
Villian hadn't been at the table long, but he hadn't gotten out of line or done anything strange. I found his calls a little strange and got wimpy on the turn, obviously. On the river I couldn't see him checking an ace after I checked behind on the turn.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

ArturiusX 09-30-2005 05:26 AM

Re: 3/6 - A couple hands from tonight

Hand 1: Bet the river.

Hand 2: Check-call all the way down, unless hes agro and will raise in flop, in which case check-raise the turn.

Hand 3: Easy turn bet. Not sure why you checked it, but you obviously foiled a c/r from an ace. How you played it, I fold the river. Pots too small to call.

C-Dog 09-30-2005 06:15 PM

Re: 3/6 - A couple hands from tonight

Hand 1:
I like it, the board is draw heavy so they could be calling on a draw. I would take the free showdown, and expect to be shown T8 or something similar.

Hand 2:
Is the plan to bet/fold the turn, if he raises on the turn again, you can toss your Ace and not feel bad I think.

Hand 3:
Bet the turn, and call down a CR I think. If he just calls you can bet the river again.

C-Dog