Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   At wit's end (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406149)

BillsChips 12-27-2005 08:19 PM

At wit\'s end

My last two Live 1/2 NL sessions were bad, very bad. I decided to start playing online and suffered bad beat after bad beat. After two months away from live poker, I decided it was time to get back on the horse, so I drove to a local club and sat down at a 1/2NL game with $300. I lost it all in about 3 minutes.

First hand, I'm in the big blind and check with J3o. Flop is J 6 4 rainbow. I bet $20 to see if anyone has a better jack and get 1 caller, UTG+1. Turn is 5. I have top pair and OESD. I bet $25 and get called. River is another 4. I bet $25 and UTG+1 raises to $50. I make a crying call with two pair and UTG+1 turns over 34o and wins hand with trip 4s.

VERY NEXT HAND:
I'm in sb with AA. MP raises to $8, I make it $20. All fold except MP raiser. Flop is Q 8 6 rainbow. I bet $30 and the guy calls. Turn is 2, no flush or straight draws. I go all-in for about $100. The guy calls and turns over pocket 4s. River is a 4 and I lose my second hand in a row to a 23-1 shot. Losing both is greater than a 500-1 shot. Losing both to trip fours is just crazy.

I started playing live after reading Gary Carson's and Ken Warren's books. I played a bit on the weak-tight side and won every time. I've now read all of the must-read books, spend my time checking out the 2+2 posts, play online, and practice with simulation software. Now I just can't win at all.

I recognized the guy who beat me out of the second pot from a previous session. I remember him as a calling station who just kept hitting the river. Why do these guys always seem to get rewarded for their ridiculous play?

I have about $600 left of my poker winnings. When that's gone, you'll be able to buy my collection of excellent poker books on Ebay.

Bill

woodguy 12-27-2005 09:48 PM

Re: At wit\'s end

[ QUOTE ]

I started playing live after reading Gary Carson's and Ken Warren's books. I played a bit on the weak-tight side and won every time. I've now read all of the must-read books, spend my time checking out the 2+2 posts, play online, and practice with simulation software. Now I just can't win at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you've recognized the source of your [censored] play, that's a start.

Regards,
Woodguy

Beavis68 12-27-2005 09:55 PM

you were playing 1/2NL with a $900 bankroll?

Don't learn quickly do you. Also, what did Carson ever write on NL?

BillsChips 12-28-2005 12:32 AM

Dear Sarcastic Morons,

Next time, try reading the post before you flame the poster.

Where does it say that my bankroll is $900? Where does it say that I'm currently following the weak-tight advise from the first two poker books I read?

I expected more from members of this forum.

12-28-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sarcastic Morons,

Next time, try reading the post before you flame the poster.

Where does it say that my bankroll is $900? Where does it say that I'm currently following the weak-tight advise from the first two poker books I read?

I expected more from members of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you implied that your bankroll was 900 because you lost 300, and if you lose 600 more you will quit poker. 300+600= 900.

HopeydaFish 12-28-2005 01:00 AM

You played two hands and lost them both. Obviously poker is not your game.

BillsChips 12-28-2005 01:13 AM

Oh for the days when people knew how to read.

I implied that my bankroll was $900 because I said I had $600 in poker WINNINGS left?

"You played two hands and lost them both. Obviously poker is not your game." You obviously didn't read the post.

tonypaladino 12-28-2005 03:05 AM

Bill,

perhaps you would feel better if you took a shower and cleaned out your vagina.

yvesaint 12-28-2005 03:17 AM

the obv answer is to practice with more simulation software... that stuff is the best

pokergrader 12-28-2005 04:05 AM

As far as im concerned there is no difference between poker winnings and bankroll. Money is money.