Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Techie SnG questions - monitors (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407290)

12-29-2005 06:31 PM

Techie SnG questions - monitors

I have a 4-year old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. I tell it there's a generic extrernal monitor, then try to set the resolution and it will only go up to 1280. Does that mean my video card can't handle 1600 on an external monitor? Seriously.

I know I should probably post this over on the technical board, but they'd probably just yell at me or something. And you guys are my buds. And Shnarf started this.

Hendricks433 12-29-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Techie SnG questions

yes your vid card prob does not support it.

IHateKeithSmart 12-29-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 4-year old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. I tell it there's a generic extrernal monitor, then try to set the resolution and it will only go up to 1280. Does that mean my video card can't handle 1600 on an external monitor? Seriously.

I know I should probably post this over on the technical board, but they'd probably just yell at me or something. And you guys are my buds. And Shnarf started this.

[/ QUOTE ]

As hendricks says, yes, it's a video card limitation. You could have it hooked up to an imax screen, but your video card must be capable of the chosen resolution.

Snarf 12-29-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As hendricks says, yes, it's a video card limitation. You could have it hooked up to an imax screen, but your video card must be capable of the chosen resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same problem. My monitor is my 36" HDTV. Surely you'd think I could at least fit 4 full PS tables..but I can't even fit two at my max reso.

citanul 12-29-2005 06:52 PM

i will now fix this thread, one sec.

c

roundest 12-29-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same problem. My monitor is my 36" HDTV. Surely you'd think I could at least fit 4 full PS tables..but I can't even fit two at my max reso.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the LCD TV's out there run at a max of 1366x768 or something, so your card weon't be the problem there.

Snarf 12-29-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the LCD TV's out there run at a max of 1366x768 or something, so your card weon't be the problem there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is a tube, not LCD, and several years old...

Intersting to know though - I assumed it was the vid card...which I had thought was a decent one. I was confused.

I just checked - mine is maxing at 1024 by 768

12-29-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now it looks like I'm the morean who started a monitor thread in the SNG forum. [For the record, this was originally part of Shnarf's thread]

But I appreciate the answers anyway. Really not looking forward to buying a new computer and new LCD monitor, when I already have a nice laptop and 19" LCD monitor, just so I can 4-table w/o overlap. But that's the breaks I guess.

Snarf 12-29-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now it looks like I'm the morean who started a monitor thread in the SNG forum. [For the record, this was originally part of Shnarf's thread]

[/ QUOTE ]

<================ IDIOT HERE FYI

There ya go man. Glad to help ya save face.

12-29-2005 07:43 PM

Naww, actually the moderators were nice to us and left both up. So let's see if we can find a way to degenerate this into a flame war and make them regret their decision.

POOP