Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $60 AJ on Bubble (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399394)

12-16-2005 01:17 AM

$60 AJ on Bubble

PokerStars Game #3346336488: Tournament #16574080, Hold'em No Limit - Level IX
(300/600) - 2005/12/16 - 00:06:39 (ET)
Table '16574080 1' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: biglooser (4695 in chips)
Seat 2: eagleskickas (2871 in chips)
Seat 5: PizdaLover (5000 in chips)
Seat 6: HeresJohny (934 in chips)
biglooser: posts the ante 50
eagleskickas: posts the ante 50
PizdaLover: posts the ante 50
HeresJohny: posts the ante 50
biglooser: posts small blind 300
eagleskickas: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to eagleskickas [Js Ad]
PizdaLover: raises 4350 to 4950 and is all-in
HeresJohny: folds
biglooser: folds
eagleskickas: ?
If there wasn't the shorty I'd instacall but do I need to fold what will be the best hand most of the time because of the short stack.

splashpot 12-16-2005 01:18 AM

Re: $60 AJ on Bubble

Easy easy fold.

liucipher 12-16-2005 01:33 AM

I also thought this was an easy fold.

But surprisingly this is EV+0.4%, so not exactly worth calling, but not horrendous either.

Am I screwing something up in SnGPT? It's telling me maximum calling range here is 77+, AQo, ATs+, which I thought was waaaaaaaay too wide.

tigerite 12-16-2005 09:56 AM

You must be, as this is a really simple fold.

tigerite 12-16-2005 10:01 AM

Well unless you put him squarely on above 70% range.

You need to win 63.3% of the time. I think this is just really quite optimistic and his hand has to be in a really narrow range to have anything close to this.

This hand actually shows why the KS chart isn't always perfect. I believe the reason it's coming up with AJ as a possible call here is because it rates his chances to be pushing A2-AT and KJ,QJ much higher than junk - to which of course you will be a greater than 63% favourite. But against two undercards which is a much likelier holding if he's pushing that wide a range - you're not getting enough % to call.

liucipher 12-16-2005 01:02 PM

Well I was actually assuming Villain is raising 100%, which is clearly not likely, to get the +EV 0.4%. I just thought this was one of those "you can't beat me by calling my any two" moments.

If you narrow his hand range to the top 63% though, it's pretty much EV neutral, which was still surprisingly tight.

Btw - is there anyway in SnGPT to get the "Compute All" for his pushing range (i.e. what % he'd have to be pushing for me to call w/ XYZ) other than trial and error?

Doesn't look like there's a way in my version ...

inyaface 12-16-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If there wasn't the shorty I'd instacall but do I need to fold what will be the best hand most of the time because of the short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even without the shortie you would be surprised how many times you should fold AJ here. The problem is that as pointed out already your not that huge a favorite unless your sharing. Pretty Easy fold with those stacks.

The fact that calling is +ev if villan is pushing any 2 should make this a very easy decision. If he is pushing any 2 (which you should know by now) call, if he has any sort of hand selection at this point then fold.

Apathy 12-16-2005 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even without the shortie you would be surprised how many times you should fold AJ here. The problem is that as pointed out already your not that huge a favorite unless your sharing. Pretty Easy fold with those stacks.

The fact that calling is +ev if villan is pushing any 2 should make this a very easy decision. If he is pushing any 2 (which you should know by now) call, if he has any sort of hand selection at this point then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was 3 equal stacks and a big stack I gamble it up all day here in the stars turbos. You get a serious premium on winning the hand since the blinds are so high and the bubble will continue with you in a massive lead. (This is assuming the big stack is pushing 70% or so, not sure how likely that is at this level)

This hand is a fold.

xJMPx 12-16-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw - is there anyway in SnGPT to get the "Compute All" for his pushing range (i.e. what % he'd have to be pushing for me to call w/ XYZ) other than trial and error?

Doesn't look like there's a way in my version ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is an automatic way, but by inserting his push range as a percentage you can narrow it down quick enough.