Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   AA & Villain pushes on River (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399570)

12-16-2005 10:29 AM

AA & Villain pushes on River

$1/$2 NL on Bet365
Hero $250 stack
villian $400 stack
Reads: Villain is 25/8. He's one of those playes who likes to tell people how to play (Didn't you see me raise preflop? Why did you call that river?)

Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero raised $8
a few limpers and blinds fold. Villain calls

Pot: $25
Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $25, Villain calls
Pot: $75

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian checks, hero bets $50, villain calls

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pot $175
Villain wakes up and goes all in, which is about a PSB considering my remaining stack.

Hero....

PoBoy321 12-16-2005 10:41 AM

Re: AA & Villain pushes on River

Without a more articulate read, folds.

Ojo_Rojo 12-16-2005 11:09 AM

Is this full ring? Did you raise from the button or UTG? Anyway, it's probably a good fold.

Would anybody check behind on the turn? I might. Is that bad?

Ojo_Rojo

Ghazban 12-16-2005 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anybody check behind on the turn? I might. Is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not bad if you know what you're going to do on a variety of rivers (4th club, face card, total brick, etc.) both if you're facing a bet or if you get checked to. If any of those would be tough decisions, its better to bet the turn with the intention of checking the river through.

12-16-2005 11:38 AM

It was a full 10 table and I was in MP and villain was UTG

ThePortuguee 12-16-2005 11:44 AM

I like turn bet to try to get to showdown, and I think fold here is correct. If he was gonna wake up with a hand like 77-TT he probably raises turn.

Leptyne 12-16-2005 11:57 AM

AA unimproved is not the nuts with a flopped str8 and a flush draw. This is the kid of hand you want to play slowly. Since you have position the PSB at the flop is fine, but when villain checks and calls a check behind on the turn would not be out of line. With the str8 on the flop and the flush on the turn with a paired board opportunities abound for a bluff on the river.

I don't think there is a call on the river.

12-16-2005 12:02 PM

Unfortunately Hero was actually a donk and called.

Villain flopped over 4-7. Gotta love him calling a pot size bet on the flop with mid pair. Live and learn.