Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   minneapolis jim meehan (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394037)

Kurn, son of Mogh 12-08-2005 03:33 PM

Re: minneapolis jim meehan

Kuala Lumpur, but he decided long ago that "Minneapolis Jim" played better in poker circles than "Malaysia Rashid."

talcum 12-08-2005 09:19 PM

I also took a piss next to him, at the Rio during WSOP, i think Phil Gordon was in there too. I'll never wash these eyes again.

12-09-2005 12:24 AM

He has a bracelet and over $1 million in tournament wins. If I had to guess, I would guess that he's probably a decent poker player.

12-09-2005 12:27 AM

He's actually from South Africa. He used to wrestle in the ECW as "Jonestown" Jim Meehan until an unfortunate accident when he was interfering during a midget match (I won't go into details). He then moved to the Caribean where he became a Rastafarian and changed his name to Jamaica Jim. He then came to the states and began playing poker, however, he never abandoned his Rastafarianism. The cigarette he holds is a cleverly concealed joint.

blumpkin22 12-09-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once took a piss with him at Bellagio ...hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a piss ON him at Bellagio... hahaha

Edge34 12-09-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is Jim from anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Burnsville, actually (I think). Of course, if you're not from around here, that probably doesn't mean anything and its easier to go with "Minneapolis". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Howard Treesong 12-09-2005 04:32 PM

As best I can tell, he drinks like a fish and has about thousand moves. He usually stacks his chips in uneven stacks in a deliberately unkempt manner. He sweats all the time. He plays slowly. He cofeehouses. He twitches and drinks. He rechecks cards he knows, then plays a hand without looking at it. He wears a silly-ass hat and takes frequent breaks to smoke long, thin cigarettes. He's a frequent raiser but mucks to big moves behind him. He's a nit. And he types in ALL-CAPS.

I don't mind playing against him except that he slows play waaaaaaay down. I was trapped at a table with him and Men when both were drinking and I thought I was going to die of frustration. Once he watches some tape of Tiffany Williamson, I suspect he'll start checking HIS nails, too.

But I don't think he had nine tackles for losses in 1995.

uncleshady 12-09-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Burnsville, actually (I think). Of course, if you're not from around here, that probably doesn't mean anything and its easier to go with "Minneapolis".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ive been in Burnsville. Is there a Hardees and some kind of indoor swapmeet mall or something there? I know a Nike outlet store was nearby...

iMsoLucky0 12-10-2005 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As best I can tell, he drinks like a fish and has about thousand moves. He usually stacks his chips in uneven stacks in a deliberately unkempt manner. He sweats all the time. He plays slowly. He cofeehouses. He twitches and drinks. He rechecks cards he knows, then plays a hand without looking at it. He wears a silly-ass hat and takes frequent breaks to smoke long, thin cigarettes. He's a frequent raiser but mucks to big moves behind him. He's a nit. And he types in ALL-CAPS.

I don't mind playing against him except that he slows play waaaaaaay down. I was trapped at a table with him and Men when both were drinking and I thought I was going to die of frustration. Once he watches some tape of Tiffany Williamson, I suspect he'll start checking HIS nails, too.

But I don't think he had nine tackles for losses in 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good descritption of ol' Jim. I really hate playing with him for the reasons you mentioned but also because he talks non stop and just spews nonsense.

J_V 12-11-2005 01:15 AM

I think he is great in small doses.