Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Stuff I do that I don't like (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346449)

KingOtter 09-28-2005 07:34 PM

Stuff I do that I don\'t like

I hate to call these 'leaks', because I think that word is over-used. But sometimes I'm playing and I do something I know I shouldn't, and I cringe right when I do it.

So, just to see if I'm alone, or maybe to get some community support, I'm going to post it. Feel free to flame me, add your own foibles, whatever.

If this is too NC, Greg, let me know.

Misplaced aggression... taking stabs at pots when I really shouldn't.

For instance:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>....

Why I Don't Like This:

It is a VERY draw-heavy flop, and I have bottom pair. I'm not getting out anyone with a bigger pair, or a piece of one of the ends of this. PLUS the pot is microscopic.

numeri 09-28-2005 07:36 PM

Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

Hey KO,

Misplaced aggression can definitely be a ... weakness.

I'm wondering if a hand like this should even be played pre-flop. I think long-term this is -EV. We need more limpers in to make completing here worthwhile IMO.

CIncyHR 09-28-2005 07:42 PM

Yeah not too good. Anyone else folding this preflop with only one limnper?

KingOtter 09-28-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey KO,

Misplaced aggression can definitely be a ... weakness.

I'm wondering if a hand like this should even be played pre-flop. I think long-term this is -EV. We need more limpers in to make completing here worthwhile IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true... I have been folding suited non-connecting small blinds with only a couple limpers. That was a slip of the brain. I should have folded it pf.

benkath1 09-28-2005 07:57 PM

I'm dropping this preflop. Pot way too small.

bozlax 09-28-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll complete this as long as BB is fairly passive PF. Then, I hover my mouse over the area where the fold button appears unless I flop something worth working with.

KingOtter 09-28-2005 10:45 PM

Btw... again, I knew this was a bad play.. well, I didn't notice the pre-flop so much as the bet on the turn. These are the kind of plays that I want to purge from my game, completely.

Perhaps I should have put a LC/NC on this thread.

KO

benkath1 09-28-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll complete this as long as BB is fairly passive PF. Then, I hover my mouse over the area where the fold button appears unless I flop something worth working with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean hearts? My problem is, even when I'm working, I seem to be paying the boss man when I complete with junk like this.

09-29-2005 01:00 AM

Fold preflop.

Flop bet is read dependent.

Turn bet is mandatory as far as i can see. Make the tighter one fold his OCs and the other one chase his straight with incorrect odds.

Sorry to disappoint, but I like this.

Yerma 09-29-2005 02:42 AM

I don't get it. What's wrong with your turn bet?