Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Televised execution of criminals (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351067)

dtbog 10-05-2005 03:20 PM

Televised execution of criminals

In a bold move, the TV network FOX decides to televise the execution (by electric chair) of a known terrorist who helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks.

Do you watch it?

edit: follow-up: they showed an execution in The Green Mile, but it was obviously an actor. is it different to you to watch a real person die?

steelcmg 10-05-2005 03:20 PM

Re: Televised execution of criminals

[ QUOTE ]
In a bold move, the TV network FOX decides to televise the execution (by electric chair) of a known terrorist who helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks.

Do you watch it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yea i wanna watch

jakethebake 10-05-2005 03:21 PM

Why not?

Cancer Merchant 10-05-2005 03:21 PM

No, because most likely it would be on Pay Per View. All proceeds go to Katarina victims!

dtbog 10-05-2005 03:22 PM

Just to explain the existence of this poll...

... my 10th grade history teacher asked this question of the class, and only one girl raised her hand.

As we discussed the matter out loud, it became clear that about half of the class actually would have been interested in watching it, but didn't want to raise their hand in public for fear of looking like a sadist.

I spoke to this girl on the phone today, and I was reminded of the incident.

asofel 10-05-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, because most likely it would be on Pay Per View. All proceeds go to Katarina victims!

[/ QUOTE ]

vat eez dis Katarina you speak of?

dtbog 10-05-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I wouldn't watch it for the same reason I don't watch NASCAR racing -- I simply wouldn't have any interest in seeing it.

Hal 2000 10-05-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to explain the existence of this poll...

... my 10th grade history teacher asked this question of the class, and only one girl raised her hand.

As we discussed the matter out loud, it became clear that about half of the class actually would have been interested in watching it, but didn't want to raise their hand in public for fear of looking like a sadist.

I spoke to this girl on the phone today, and I was reminded of the incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl sounds like fun. YSSCSIIHP

jakethebake 10-05-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I wouldn't watch it for the same reason I don't watch NASCAR racing -- I simply wouldn't have any interest in seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be far more interesting than Nascar.

MrTrik 10-05-2005 03:27 PM

No I don't. But if ya drop 'em into a closed ring with hungry tigers I might watch.