Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Preflop question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=205625)

jskills 03-02-2005 01:28 PM

Preflop question

No reads on any opponents.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero ?

QTip 03-02-2005 01:34 PM

Re: Preflop question

SSHE goes over this pretty well in the Preflop Hand Categories section...little unsuited broadways Page 74

No reads suck here because you don't want to go at it with this hand against a tight limper. You only play this late and if the pot is shorthanded, raise to fold the blinds.

PokerBob 03-02-2005 01:36 PM

This totally depends on that "Sass" factor. Meaning, I'll play it if I'm feeling Sassy. If I'm Sassy, it's a raise. If I'm not, it's a fold.

MyssGuy 03-02-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This totally depends on that "Sass" factor. Meaning, I'll play it if I'm feeling Sassy. If I'm Sassy, it's a raise. If I'm not, it's a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but I only get Sassy based on the read of the limper and the blinds. You want this HU and with position. At a typical Party table, it's an easy fold for me.

Fat Nicky 03-02-2005 02:01 PM

easy raise for me.

buhler26 03-02-2005 02:02 PM

Maybe I'm at fault, but I would usually call here. Would you also raise or fold with KT? JT? QJ?

MyssGuy 03-02-2005 02:08 PM

If it were suited, I would probably raise it up to isolate, but unsuited, I'm a little less inclined to play. This, I think, is probably just personal preference. I've been focusing on tightening my game up as I've moved up in limits.

johnc 03-02-2005 02:09 PM

I see this as fold or raise situation. The "sass factor" is exactly why raising may be correct if I sense weakness but otherwise this hand's just too weak. Calling with this hand wolud be a horrible mistake!

jskills 03-02-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. Calling with this hand wolud be a horrible mistake!

[/ QUOTE ]

A horrible mistake is folding the nut flush or folding KK preflop. This question has obviously generated a number of replies from some experienced players, so I can't image any choice here being a "horrible mistake".

Entering a pot with any hand for a small bet in itself can only be considered a tiny -EV play if the hand isn't good enough. Doing it over and over again is where the small mistakes become big ones. Bigger mistakes of a onetime nature are made post flop.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you really need to keep your mind open to different schools of thought.

chief444 03-02-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy raise for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure.

I can't really argue with folding either. I'd often raise. I have to disagree with whoever chose call though.