Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Feeling lost with a full house (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352946)

James282 10-08-2005 01:13 AM

Feeling lost with a full house

I have never seen the opponent in this hand get out of line, his numbers are 15/5.5 for 500 hands. In this hand, he has 2200 and I have him covered.

I have A5o in the BB, he open limps UTG+1 and it's folded to me, I check.

Flop is A65 2 hearts. I check, he bets 55 or so and I call.

Turn is an offsuit 5. I check, he bets 100 and I call.

River is an offsuit 8. I check, he bets 300, I cr to 700, he goes all in without thinking and I folded.

This hand felt insanely weird. I had a good read he wanted to bet the river but also felt confident about the fold. This was like the most muddled hand I've ever played at NL and since I've played badly today I figured I'd post this one. I think the CR was kinda bad. I think I either need to bet out or bet call. Ugh.
-James

flawless_victory 10-08-2005 01:22 AM

Re: Feeling lost with a full house

i think you need to bet the river... if you check, hell prob check behind all the hands you beat...
once you do check, probably just call... i know this seems really weak, but if you play a big pot youre gonn look at AA/66... if this guy was gambling more, than you would, of course, love to play a big one as he could have alot of hands that you beat, especially 56, which you will bust everytime.

flawless_victory 10-08-2005 01:23 AM

BTW/ thats a helluva laydown for a limit player.

yvesaint 10-08-2005 01:24 AM

bet call a raise

James282 10-08-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you need to bet the river... if you check, hell prob check behind all the hands you beat...
once you do check, probably just call... i know this seems really weak, but if you play a big pot youre gonn look at AA/66... if this guy was gambling more, than you would, of course, love to play a big one as he could have alot of hands that you beat, especially 56, which you will bust everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought about 56, but I dunno if a 15 vpip guy open limps that. There's also only 1 5 left, so I folded.
-James

flawless_victory 10-08-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought about 56, but I dunno if a 15 vpip guy open limps that.

[/ QUOTE ]i think he doesnt...

Ulysses 10-08-2005 02:00 AM

That pot should have been a lot bigger by the time you got to the river.

dstraff1 10-08-2005 02:46 AM

ridiculous fold.. i woulda have insta called. that's probably why i'm still playing 200nl.

nf

James282 10-08-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That pot should have been a lot bigger by the time you got to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think I need to make a play at the turn and then re-evaluate especially since the flush draw is possible.
-James

Lucky 10-08-2005 03:21 AM

I probably get stacked here. I'd lead for pot on flop, call raise, then c/r turn.

As you played it, i like the bet river, call raise.