Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   small pot FD OOP, picking up bottom pair on the turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402642)

Pog0 12-21-2005 05:58 AM

small pot FD OOP, picking up bottom pair on the turn

Villian is 50/10/1.6, folding the flop 40% of the time. I don't feel completely sure of my line here, comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

12-21-2005 06:05 AM

Re: small pot FD OOP, picking up bottom pair on the turn

i like it.
none of your options on the river are particularly appealing, so i suppose bet/fold is the best one.
i play every other street the same every time.

Chairman Wood 12-21-2005 06:07 AM

These types like to call down even after a raise on previous streets. 50 VPIP has a tough time folding anything. Take the free card. The 2 didn't do much other than maybe add 5 more outs. These extra 5 outs don't have you betting for value yet either.

Edit : [censored] me I thought you were in position. Just a second. I'll have a different reply in a minute.

Pog0 12-21-2005 06:26 AM

In position, I'd bet and take a free showdown UI vs a passive, but vs an aggressive, checking the turn can be best unless you really think they might fold. Position makes it a lot easier.

jt1 12-21-2005 09:20 AM

turn bet seems pretty obvious. River isn't that difficult. If he caught a fd on the turn, he made it on the river. The only thing to worry about is a busted straight draw. i still c/f

12-21-2005 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn bet seems pretty obvious. River isn't that difficult. If he caught a fd on the turn, he made it on the river. The only thing to worry about is a busted straight draw. i still c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

I c/f this river aswell, betting the turn against a loose without equity isn't so good. I think he may not bet the turn since you c/r the flop but I wouldn't be suprised if he did.

I think you have to bet the turn if you are certain he will bet. IF there is any chance it gets cehcked through then I think I would probably check, but I am weak.

c/f river as nothing better folds, not much worse calls.

True

imported_leader 12-22-2005 01:24 AM

I'd just lead the flop