Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Is rakeback taxable? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348345)

FatalError 10-01-2005 04:43 PM

Is rakeback taxable?

For the standard tax reporting professional, is your rakeback considered a "gift" and therefore not taxable as income? what about deposit bonuses?

These add up to signifigant (tens of thousands of dollars) amounts of money at years and and not having to declare them would be a godsend

dogmeat 10-01-2005 04:46 PM

Re: Is rakeback taxable?

[ QUOTE ]
For the standard tax reporting professional, is your rakeback considered a "gift" and therefore not taxable as income? what about deposit bonuses?

These add up to signifigant (tens of thousands of dollars) amounts of money at years and and not having to declare them would be a godsend

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you guys insist on trying to get around paying taxes?

Yes, it is taxable.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

iceman5 10-01-2005 04:47 PM

You could always call the IRS and ask them. Short of doing that....yes, its taxable.

jman220 10-01-2005 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely do not qualify as a gift. They definitely are taxable.

teddyFBI 10-01-2005 05:17 PM

I posted in one of the other 100 threads on this topic that i was of the firm belief that RB was NOT taxable -- I subsequently got flamed hard, although I stand by my position.

I won't make any more posts in this thread; search for the other threads on this topic if you care to see my take on it.

Bring on the flames.

yanicehand 10-01-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya what a mind boggler. Why would someone try and find a way to not pay all of 60,000$+ of money to the government? What are these people, retarded?

Paul2432 10-01-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya what a mind boggler. Why would someone try and find a way to not pay all of 60,000$+ of money to the government? What are these people, retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. Everyone should strive to pay the legal minimum in taxes, and not a cent more.

Paul

Rasputin 10-01-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly, yes.

The real question is why do they think they're so special that their income should be tax free when every other working stiff pays theirs?

Just pay your damn taxes and be glad you have a job you like.

Freudian 10-01-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted in one of the other 100 threads on this topic that i was of the firm belief that RB was NOT taxable -- I subsequently got flamed hard, although I stand by my position.

I won't make any more posts in this thread; search for the other threads on this topic if you care to see my take on it.

Bring on the flames.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't taxable then pretty much anything with sales tax on would be sold with the store providing a "gift" to the buyer later, to minimize taxes.

ace_in_the_hole 10-01-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly, yes.

The real question is why do they think they're so special that their income should be tax free when every other working stiff pays theirs?

Just pay your damn taxes and be glad you have a job you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. A perfect combination of laziness and intelligence should be rewarded monetarily (sp?). Meh. Just venting after loosing on the bubble with flopped set to runner runner flush.