Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Don't everyone gasp at once (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364771)

timprov 10-24-2005 11:02 PM

Don\'t everyone gasp at once

No Triple Draw event at the WSOP again this year.

It's pretty sad that I have to be relieved they didn't get rid of KCL and Razz.

DeadMoneyOC 10-24-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Don\'t everyone gasp at once

I thought there was a chance they might bring the mixed games back(HOE,HORSE,etc...) but I guess not.

mscags 10-25-2005 02:42 AM

I don't see why they have a 5K KCL event and not TDL or anything else fun like something other than Holdem. Almost nobody ever plays KCL anymore. I don't have anything against the game, I think its fun, just I think they would do better with more stud, stud8, Omaha, etc.

euri10 10-25-2005 03:36 AM

it's too complicate for the TV to register games with more than 2 cards, it takes too much space on the TV screen... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

TGoldman 10-25-2005 02:12 PM

I was disappointed also. There's 38 events, 28 of which are Hold'em games. 33 of the 38 are "flop games." I know their tournament is meant to generate interest and revenue and that Hold'em is the most popular game right now, but how many different Hold'em champions can there be??

fnord_too 10-25-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was disappointed also. There's 38 events, 28 of which are Hold'em games. 33 of the 38 are "flop games."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just shamefull. And the ME runs for two friggin weeks.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-26-2005 12:35 AM

yeah its because we all need more hold'em in our lives.

Luv2DriveTT 10-26-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah its because we all need more hold'em in our lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I see you, I plan on quoting this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

10-26-2005 02:10 PM

OK, I normally don't like to rant on message boards, but I just can't help myself this time.

What we are witnessing is the dumbing down of poker. It's because many of the people playing poker these days are visor-wearing mental midgets who do not understand the complexities of games other than NL Hold EM. A game like Omaha, which requires more play and odds calculations after the flop, and 7-card, which requires far more concentration than hold em, simply doesn't work for most players because they can't push all of their chips in and hope for a fold when their brain fails them.
During World Series Main Event on ESPN the other night, but Howard LeDerer was commenting to a spectator that every time he came into a pot all the amateurs were putting him to the test for all his chips, many times with horrible hands. One guy even got on the phone after bluffing Lederer out of a pot to brag to his friend. Just a few hands later he lost an all-in bet to Lederer with a pair a fives to Howard's pocket aces after he stupidly called a large raise from the big blind with a K-5.
I realize no-limit Hold 'Em is maybe one of the purest forms of poker, but it is very forgiving to horrible players because you can double your chips with one suck-out.

Tom Bayes 10-26-2005 02:42 PM

Sklansky said it in his tournament book and it's obviously true. The "achilles heel" of NL Holdem as a tournament game is eventually the amateurs and donkeys figure out that pushing all-in and gambling with the top players is probably the best strategy if you are below-average (relative to the field) in terms of poker skill. I wouldn't want to take too many flops against the Lederers and Iveys and Flacks of the world either. If we must decide the world's championship of poker in a big-bet holdem game, pot limit would be better if we want to increase the likelihood of a highly skilled player winning. I'd personally prefer the main event to be a mixed game, but that's not gonna happen. It still sucks that they can't put one damn HORSE or SHOE tournament back into the series.

Oh, as a side note I've already decided I hate Steve "Donkeyman" Dannemann solely on the basis of him running to call his buddies the instant after he bluffed Howard. Blech! Phil Ivey doesn't call his "homies" every time he wins a hand. And why put the screaming smelly douchebag on hand after hand after hand. He isn't a name, he didn't go that deep, and giving him airtime just guarantees other douchebags will act like him.