Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I hate every part of this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359522)

me454555 10-17-2005 03:52 PM

I hate every part of this hand

No reads b/c I just sat down

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.67 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.67 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.67 BB.

Robk 10-17-2005 04:09 PM

Re: I hate every part of this hand

i think you played this hand fine. what dont you like?

zram21 10-17-2005 04:11 PM

Is calling two cold out of position here standard for most people? I think I generally fold this hand preflop.

The rest of the hand looks fine to me.

wackjob 10-17-2005 04:14 PM

This is one spot where I will call 2 cold, which I very rarely ever do.

Drontier 10-17-2005 04:16 PM

I think I cap this pf. I call 2 cold with 77,88. its 4 handed, 99 seems like its too muhc of a powerhouse.

Robk 10-17-2005 04:19 PM

there are situations where id fold, but im a big favorite to play the hand. set value alone gets you most of the way there . you dont have to win unimproved too often. also i see a lot of 3 bets from weak hands in these games (ie pairs smaller than yours, and Ax where x &lt; 10).

me454555 10-17-2005 04:31 PM

The title is misleading. I like my flop play. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PF: People have already covered the whole fold it pf vs call. I thought this was a good call but now I'm not so sure b/c the hand ranges of the pf 3 bettor make me feel otherwise

Turn: Here's where I'm really not sure what to do. After I get popped, what hands am I beating? I called down b/c I instictively know its too weak to fold an overpair on this board but at the same time, I can't find any hands that a reasonable opponent would raise that I beat.

River: The river check is obvious, what do you do if the turn raiser bets the river? I'm leaning toward call but I'm not sure

10-17-2005 04:39 PM

When UTG cold calls a flop c/r, i'd be looking to give up there and then unless i hit my set on the turn. With a low board and two players given the action i cant see anything i beat.

Robk 10-17-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Here's where I'm really not sure what to do. After I get popped, what hands am I beating? I called down b/c I instictively know its too weak to fold an overpair on this board but at the same time, I can't find any hands that a reasonable opponent would raise that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre mostly beat, but you have to take into account the size of the pot! when its this big, especially in a short handed game where the chances of aggressive raises go way up, youve got to hang tough. (dont forget your chances of hitting a 9 also.)

his hand can be lots of unexpected things. A2, A3, A5, 66, 77, 44, two clubs with an 8. remember you didnt raise preflop so he could just be putting you on a piece of the flop. and doesnt A8 make a lot of sense for him? its one of his most likely hands imo.

on the river id call. those pot odds are huge.

me454555 10-17-2005 05:58 PM

Button flipped over QQ and MHING