Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   But I've Got a Spade! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401814)

12-20-2005 02:39 AM

But I\'ve Got a Spade!

10/20 6 handed

TAGy player opens 2 OTB. 3 folds. I call in the BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HU.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check-fold? What's the plan?

Lmn55d 12-20-2005 02:41 AM

Re: But I\'ve Got a Spade!

i would check/call the flop and reevaluate on the turn. It's gonna be a sketchy spot, but your hand could be good, he usually doesn't have a spade, and your 2 set outs should be money.

7ontheline 12-20-2005 02:47 AM

I like Llama's line of check/call and re-eval. If it's a TAG who will lay down hands you can c/r the turn occasionally as a semibluff and take it down. You may still have the best hand even. I think check-folding every time the board is monotone is going to miss out on money in the long run, although you may reduce variance some.

Jeff W 12-20-2005 03:30 AM

Check-call until the river(barring a 5) then figure out the best action from there. It's hard for your opponent to have a better made hand and a better draw.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-call until the river(barring a 5) then figure out the best action from there. It's hard for your opponent to have a better made hand and a better draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's usually one or the other (and sometimes neither).

cartman 12-20-2005 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dead on. Folding prior to the river is out of the question in my opinion.

Cartman

NLfool 12-20-2005 03:48 AM

TAG player hits this flop fairly often.

scenarios are

1) he has you beat but has no spade
2) he has some overs + a gutter
3) he has overs + gutter + a spade
4) he has air but I'm sure some overs

I guess you only know, lots of TAG will fire once with their overs + gutter but may freeze up on the turn.

I guess the deciding factor is that you've got to call, call, call. Well that sucks and you're OoP with a Very vulnerable hand so you make the minimum when ahead, you can't even realistically value bet if a spade comes and can only check/call if he even bets. Your equity isn't particularly high in most instances and you stand to make so little.

Maybe if a non 9 - A spade comes you can CR this.

Victor 12-20-2005 04:04 AM

check call flop and turn. maybe check fold river.

Drontier 12-20-2005 05:04 AM

i misread this post at first for you open in MP with 5/5 and Button 3 bets. and thats the flop. does this change things?

kiddo 12-20-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I like this.