Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ESPN Article: Wearing Sports Jerseys in public (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392895)

Bigdaddydvo 12-06-2005 07:41 PM

ESPN Article: Wearing Sports Jerseys in public

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=hruby/051205

OK, so I'm a serial offender here...mostly hockey jerseys (Lemieux/Gretzky...and for my birthday, Sidney Crosby) but also Steelers and Notre Dame jerseys in the mix. Is this really as bad as the author makes it out to be? Maybe wearing a military uniform all day has nuked my fashion sense, but I've always considered a hockey jersey to be my nearly all purpose civilian outfit. What say you 2+2?

Dominic 12-06-2005 07:43 PM

Re: ESPN Article: Wearing Sports Jerseys in public

whenever i see a guy wearing a jersey of a team he is not on himself, or wearing a jersey with another guy's name on it - I immediately think, "loser." It's stupid, IMO.

You get a pass if you're actually going to a game when you're wearing one. But just barely.

MyTurn2Raise 12-06-2005 07:47 PM

I were jerseys all the time...I like sports alot...I think of plain clothing as plain

TheRover 12-06-2005 07:49 PM

http://www.remembertheaba.com/Tribut...bowSweater.jpg

WOW.

The author is a massive douchebag and 100% incorrect. I could forgive him for being wrong if he was even remotely funny.

edit:

I do like this idea, however:

[ QUOTE ]
In a perfect world, anyone attempting to purchase a retro jersey would have to pass a test, same as driver's license applicants. Want that Wes Unseld throwback? Answer the following:

[/ QUOTE ]

HDPM 12-06-2005 07:54 PM

I think if you are over 12 you can only wear a jersey to a game. Although I wouldn't. I have thought about getting a Johnstown Jets jersey tho. But I wouldn't wear it anywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

wayabvpar 12-06-2005 08:54 PM

The only time an adult should wear a jersey is when attending a sporting event in person (jersey of team actually participating), or when viewing a big sporting event at a party or sports bar (again, participating teams only). People like that douchebag from NY (Stiller? Something like that) from the 2005 WSOP ME are shining examples of how I view people wearing jerseys outside of these parameters.

That being said, hockey sweaters are far more acceptable than basketball, if only because you don't have to wear anything underneath them other than a T-shirt.

Bigdaddydvo 12-06-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time an adult should wear a jersey is when attending a sporting event in person (jersey of team actually participating), or when viewing a big sporting event at a party or sports bar (again, participating teams only). People like that douchebag from NY (Stiller? Something like that) from the 2005 WSOP ME are shining examples of how I view people wearing jerseys outside of these parameters.

That being said, hockey sweaters are far more acceptable than basketball, if only because you don't have to wear anything underneath them other than a T-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall, I'd say basketball jerseys are the worst. Here's my ranking (from most to least acceptable to wear in public):

Hockey > Baseball > Football > Basketball

Tron 12-06-2005 09:57 PM

I was hoping there was an exception for black people:

[ QUOTE ]
Nor is it disgraceful for rappers to sport jerseys in music videos, so long as the jerseys are size XXXXXXXXXL and accessorized with diamond-encrusted Jesus medallions.

[/ QUOTE ]

pudley4 12-07-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall, I'd say basketball jerseys are the worst. Here's my ranking (from most to least acceptable to wear in public):

Hockey > Baseball > Football >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>> Figure Skating > Basketball

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed.

istewart 12-07-2005 12:15 PM

When you see people wearing them past puberty you can always assume they're poor.