Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   classic rock? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357358)

tdarko 10-14-2005 02:03 AM

classic rock?

when i am in the car i usually don't listen to the radio but when i do its usually on a classic rock station and then my next choice is one of the many alternative stations here in dallas.

a few days ago, i heard 3 songs on a classic rock station that i had never heard on a classic rock channel before.

they were:

1. alice in chains- man in the box
2. guns n' roses- paradise city
3. nirvana- smells like teen spirit

are any of these or all of them classic rock songs? i am interested to here what others define as "classic rock," is it a time period or a type of music? many arguements can be had.

Dominic 10-14-2005 02:04 AM

Re: classic rock?

all it means is, is that you're getting old. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

istewart 10-14-2005 02:11 AM

On Q104.3 around here you will frequently hear all the early 90s rock bands. I personally don't like Alice in Chains so I would never classify them as such.

DarkForceRising 10-14-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all it means is, is that you're getting old. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I hear the term classic rock I think of Journey, Boston, Zep etc...It's hard to believe the aforementioned stuff is 15+ years old.

asofel 10-14-2005 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i am in the car i usually don't listen to the radio but when i do its usually on a classic rock station and then my next choice is one of the many alternative stations here in dallas.

a few days ago, i heard 3 songs on a classic rock station that i had never heard on a classic rock channel before.

they were:

are any of these or all of them classic rock songs? i am interested to here what others define as "classic rock," is it a time period or a type of music? many arguements can be had.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not classic rock. journey and boston are not classic rock. classic rock is eric clapton, zeppelin, creedence, hendrix, the allman brothers, fleetwood, skynyrd, the stones, stevie ray and santana to name a few...

MrWookie47 10-14-2005 02:20 AM

I think it's definitely just the fact that we're getting older. I noticed the same thing today, actually. I heard some song, "I don't wanna come back down from this cloud," that I hadn't heard in years on the classic rock station here (feel free to post the title and artist for me, because I'm far too lazy, drunk, and tired to google it). Of the songs you listed, Paradise City (and other GnR) has been a classic rock station staple for the last 5 years at least. Smells Like Teen Spirit is just starting to creep in, and deservingly so, IMO. Alice in Chains? Meh.

asofel 10-14-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's definitely just the fact that we're getting older. I noticed the same thing today, actually. I heard some song, "I don't wanna come back down from this cloud," that I hadn't heard in years on the classic rock station here (feel free to post the title and artist for me, because I'm far too lazy, drunk, and tired to google it). Of the songs you listed, Paradise City (and other GnR) has been a classic rock station staple for the last 5 years at least. Smells Like Teen Spirit is just starting to creep in, and deservingly so, IMO. Alice in Chains? Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, nirvana is NOT classic rock, as much as i loved them.

and that song is "come down" by Bush...if its classic rock then peachy is loved in OOT...(no offense girl...)

zephed 10-14-2005 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they were:

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not classic rock. journey and boston are not classic rock. classic rock is eric clapton, zeppelin, creedence, hendrix, the allman brothers, fleetwood, skynyrd, the stones, stevie ray and santana to name a few...

[/ QUOTE ]
Says who?

ChipWrecked 10-14-2005 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they were:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Says who?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, despite the length and girth of the cock Journey sucks, it is most certainly classic rock. And Boston? Sheeeit, you should have been around in the late 70's, dude.

newhizzle 10-14-2005 07:02 AM

theyve been playing GNR on classic rock stations for a while now