Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   postflop quiz: me vs you (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295721)

teamdonkey 07-19-2005 12:32 AM

postflop quiz: me vs you

If you were at my tables this weekend and these situations came up, how would you play them? Be honest.

Caballa 07-19-2005 01:15 AM

Re: postflop quiz: me vs you

Vaguely amusing bad beat posts are still bad beat posts nonetheless. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Publos Nemesis 07-19-2005 01:20 AM

i think it's more of a choose your own adventure as a opposed to a bad beat story.

Allinlife 07-19-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's more of a choose your own adventure as a opposed to a bad beat story.

[/ QUOTE ]
*chuckles*

-Skeme- 07-19-2005 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.spitflames.com/images/Laugh.gif

Reef 07-19-2005 02:38 AM

best bad beat post. ever.

(that's not saying much)

warlockjd 07-19-2005 06:25 AM

Please confine these type of posts to 'Internet Gabmbling' aka Zoo or Other Other Topics

Thanks

teamdonkey 07-19-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take it easy on your buddy Donkey, he's had a rough weekend - 2%

[/ QUOTE ]

may god have mercy on your souls!

Cased Heel 07-19-2005 12:44 PM

Sounds like a crappy weekend man. Maybe this will make you feel better (I know it won't but I want to whine too)

I play in a charity poker home game this weekend. 5 handed table, winner take all ($50) $25 went to charity. Me versus a bunch of High School kids. I pay the entry fee for dude to my right who was my sister's friend.

We start with 3K chips. 50/100 blinds. 2 hands in I get KQ and raise. Get a couple callers including dude to my right. Flop comes QQ5. I bet strong, 1 fold, dude to my right calls. (He had told me on the way there that he plays a bit but he's not great). River another blank. I bet 500, he calls. (At this point his friends are telling him, "dude, do you want to leave early or what?" River comes more trash. Now I value bet as I figure he's probably going to fold his missed AK [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] So I only bet 300 to try to force a call. He smoothcalls.

I flip over and say "Can you beat 3 queens with a King?" and I hear "Yep." I almost crap my pants and look down as he throws down AQ. WOW.

Now I'm down to 1400 chips or <50% of the buy-in.

Later on after two people were knocked out (including the dude who took all my chips), I was still short stacked with around 1400 but the blinds had just been increased to 100/200 and I get dealt AA on the button. Both the other guys have about 7K. I minraise to 400 hoping one of them just pushes me in and the SB does so. I instacall and he flips KK, I flip AA and lo and behold a King falls on the turn to "send me home".

Then of course, the two remaining players split the winnings and go inside. Thanks guys.

It was pretty frustrating but it was at a party so I didn't want to go Hellmuth on anyone. However, the next day my girlfriend told me that one of the players (who went out in 5th) said to his friend,
"Well technically you aren't supposed to go all-in with aces."

W T F!?!??!?!?! The kid was being a dickcheeseburger head all night anyway but if I'd heard him say that I'd have b*tchslapped him so hard that I would have knocked his "Not my president" shirt off.

First of all I didn't "GO ALL IN" with aces.
Secondly, I WAS SHORT STACKED.

Nevermind, he was just an idiot who has no knowledge of tournament poker.

theben 07-19-2005 12:58 PM

this quiz is retarded