Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   boring line check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369314)

10-31-2005 11:33 PM

boring line check

Just checking these sorts of hands. Am i correct to be betting this turn, planning to fold to a c/r or call down?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 4 folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets...

brazilio 10-31-2005 11:38 PM

Re: boring line check

Bet the river if he calls the turn, and I don't see any compelling reason to check this against most opponents.

TMFS9 10-31-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i correct to be betting this turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very player dependent. In general if I feel compelled to fold to a turn check raise I will check the turn. The more passive the player the more likely I am to bet this.

adamstewart 10-31-2005 11:48 PM

Bet the turn, as you did.

Bet the river regardless of what falls. I can't think of a single card that could fall on the river that I wouldn't bet here. (Folding to a river check-raise would be player-dependent and would also depend on what the river was).

BTW, raise preflop. Period.

Adam

10-31-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river if he calls the turn, and I don't see any compelling reason to check this against most opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is pretty much what i thought. Another simple question, we're folding to a c/r on either street?

brazilio 10-31-2005 11:50 PM

that's player dependent. If he's passive or unknown you can. If he's a lag just call him down. That's why you need to know who (semi)bluffs and who doesn't. Oh yeah, can't fold the turn getting 6:1.

adamstewart 10-31-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is pretty much what i thought. Another simple question, we're folding to a c/r on either street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a check-raise on the turn is wrong. You'd be getting 6:1 money with more than enough outs to improve.

As I said above, folding to a river check-raise will depend on the river card and will be villain-dependent.

Adam

11-01-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard for me. How does it change if they arent suited? Also JTs?

VBM 11-01-2005 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not being snide; am i losing value by not raising QTs UTG 6-handed? How does Hero's line change if an A flops and a Q turns...? Still bet & bet?

adamstewart 11-01-2005 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not being snide; am i losing value by not raising QTs UTG 6-handed? How does Hero's line change if an A flops and a Q turns...? Still bet & bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a serious answer: it depends.

IMO, not raising from UTG in 6-handed game is just asking for someone to isolate behind you and take control of the hand. Then he has the fold equity, and you don't.

Actually, whenever I'm the first one into a pot in a 6-handed game, open-raising is a must - for the same reasons.

Adam