Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TT in the SB Button raises pre-flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265081)

grjr 06-03-2005 12:20 PM

TT in the SB Button raises pre-flop

No reads on anyone.

I don't like to 3 bet TT in the blinds and that's not my question but you can comment on that if you like.

I had planned on check raising the flop if it came out all undercards but I was undecided here. What do you do?

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ???

topspin 06-03-2005 12:22 PM

Re: TT in the SB Button raises pre-flop

Ugh. Leading this flop should be automatic given the relative position of the preflop aggressor.

And yes, I 3-bet this PF.

iNsChris 06-03-2005 12:25 PM

I want to get as much money in the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flop:Raise.

Turn: Bets/Check raise depending on cards.

Flush chases are probably going to play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MrWookie47 06-03-2005 12:28 PM

3bet preflop, and lead the flop.

AmarilloJim1 06-03-2005 12:34 PM

I would have 3-bet on flop to elminate players.

Since there are 2 clubs here, I would raise; however, if it were a ragged board, I would smooth call then check raise the turn.

crownjules 06-03-2005 12:35 PM

3-bet this PF. You make UTG and CO face 2 cold and they may fold, adding their dead money to the pot.

Flop - Gotta lead out. You slowplayed preflop so no one is going to expect the monster you have and will likely give you action. Going for the C/R is bad here. It won't protect against the flush draw (they need ~5:1 and you're giving the next to act ~6:1) and you'll blow away the hands that are drawing dead. You should lead, you'll probably get one caller (maybe both) before button raises. You then 3-bet. Build the pot.

topspin 06-03-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet on flop to elminate players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean raise, since hero didn't lead the flop. Also, hand protection is the last thing you need to be worrying about here.

[ QUOTE ]
Since there are 2 clubs here, I would raise; however, if it were a ragged board, I would smooth call then check raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really sucks if the hand is multi-way like here. What's the point of blasting out all the other players by making them face two cold?

johnc 06-03-2005 12:38 PM

3-bet TT. Reraise the flop, if the BB caps then there's a good chance you're looking at a pp, maybe Axs. Lead out on the turn to a non-club.

AmarilloJim1 06-03-2005 12:44 PM

I did mean raise, and yes I want to eliminate players because wired tens don't win as often unimproved.

Since there is a 2 flush, I want to play aggressively so I don't get outdrawn.

I don't quite understand where your coming from?

gharp 06-03-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wired tens don't win as often unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, these T's are of the improved variety (there's another T on the flop).

Gotta lead out here on the flop and try to build a pot. If the button raises I'd be thinking about a stop-n-go on the turn.

I'd reraise preflop too, but I don't hate a call.