Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397232)

adanthar 12-13-2005 12:24 AM

Re: Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) I want him to think I have AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you cont. bet/semi-bluff in this spot with AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a QJ9 board...no.

betgo 12-13-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) I want him to think I have AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you cont. bet/semi-bluff in this spot with AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

12-13-2005 12:40 AM

Call me crazy, but I think not strongly leading the flop in Hand 1 is a terrible mistake. Why keep the pot small? You almost certainly have the best hand!

Hand 2, please fold pre-flop.

betgo 12-13-2005 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy, but I think not strongly leading the flop in Hand 1 is a terrible mistake. Why keep the pot small? You almost certainly have the best hand!

Hand 2, please fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both points.

In hand 1, it is a dangerous board, but you have an overpair and gut shot. You are not that big a dog against 2 pair and you have outs against a set or straight. Villain could easily give you action with a pair plus open ended, TPTK, or something and be way behind. I would raise and be ready to go allin.

I don't understand the point of calling with 32s. You could easily make a straight, a flush, or 2-pair and go bust. This seems like a decent hand to steal raise with, creating great deception, but why call.

Also, I don't think you are a much better than average player at this level of tournament. Someone like Negreanu might call here hoping to out play postflop with position. You wound up in a hand with Freddy Deeb with 32s. You make a flush and you don't know where you stand.

johnnybeef 12-13-2005 12:53 AM

Hand 1: I bet pot, and proceed very carefully, as it turns out, you have to fold this river.

Hand 2: shove. a lead like that is often weak.

12-13-2005 01:00 AM

Against a guy like Deeb I would pick my strong hands and play them very decisively. Hand 1 is just such a hand. I would be trying to put him to the tough decisions when I am holding strong hands. I wouldn't be looking to tangle with him post-flop with 32s unless I'm getting great odds and willing to drop it unless I flop the nuts.

johnnybeef 12-13-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a guy like Deeb I would pick my strong hands and play them very decisively.

[/ QUOTE ]

a pair of kings is not a strong hand. thinking like this is what makes freddy deeb a lot of money.

12-13-2005 01:06 AM

On the first hand I would have played it completely differently. I would have not checked to let Freddy see the turn for free. I would have made a 3/4 pot bet on the flop. If I played the hand like you I would have tossed the first hand after the river since I had no hearts.
The second hand after Freddy bets 5k, I would have pushed all in on him. What could he possibly have, top pair, a higher pocket pair, or maybe he caught the queen on the turn for his Ace Queen hand?

12-13-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against a guy like Deeb I would pick my strong hands and play them very decisively.

[/ QUOTE ]

a pair of kings is not a strong hand. thinking like this is what makes freddy deeb a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

johnnybeef 12-13-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

my dude,

this isn't a party super tournament where everyone has 75 bb and you get about 2.5 orbits per level. this is a tournament in which the stacks are 300 bb each and there is a shitload of money on the line. if you are willing to go broke with one measly pair in this situation, i wish you the best of luck.

johnny