Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Donkage (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341551)

aK13 09-21-2005 05:10 PM

Donkage

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero

What if the river is an A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ? What if the T or A doesn't complete the flush?

tiltaholic 09-21-2005 05:13 PM

Re: Donkage

reeeeeeeeeeeeeds

i usually call the river.

crownjules 09-21-2005 05:14 PM

I don't think the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes a difference at all. In my mind, MP is betting because he has a 9, not a flush draw. Doesn't make sense that he'd check the flop on a flush draw but suddenly bet it on the turn.

I think I would just call the river since I don't want to call or fold to a 3-bet.

cold_cash 09-21-2005 05:19 PM

I don't hate raising if you can fold when he 3-bets.

Redd 09-21-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeds

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate? In these situations (including this one in particular) I'm generally expecting villain to have a lower pair over 2/3 of the time. He's not gonna play a flush draw like this, and there's many more playable hands with 7s, 9s, or low PPs than 4s.

Jacob_Gilliam 09-21-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeds

[/ QUOTE ]

Commies? Pinkos? Missing an A?

Call the river.

milesdyson 09-21-2005 05:22 PM

raise, and don't expect to be 3-bet often at all.

istewart 09-21-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate raising if you can fold when he 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah part of my problem here with raising is that I really want to get this to showdown and calling a 3-bet is throwing chips away. I think raising is probably the better move though.

lufbradolly 09-21-2005 05:27 PM

I'd just call in the heat of the moment.

If you raise and are then 3 bet your beat like everytime.

So it's either call or raise/fold but i'd call.

tiltaholic 09-21-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeds

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate? In these situations (including this one in particular) I'm generally expecting villain to have a lower pair over 2/3 of the time. He's not gonna play a flush draw like this, and there's many more playable hands with 7s, 9s, or low PPs than 4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i think it really matters who the villian is.

i really suck at value raising in these situations. honestly i thought the question was call or fold, whereas people are advocating raising here. it seems i'm weak tight right now, seeing monsters and off my game...

anyway clearly we can't fold this river. and if villian is a wild moran, i'd tend to agree that he could have nothing or a nine or a seven and i like a raise more.