Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Would you chop in this situation? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294016)

johnnybeef 07-16-2005 08:13 AM

Would you chop in this situation?

If you got to three handed with relatively even stacks and were offered a chop, would you do it?

edit: at the wsop main event

shant 07-16-2005 08:14 AM

Re: Would you chop in this situation?

Do they put 3 pictures of these guys in one frame at Binion's? It's the [censored] World Series of Poker.

AngryCola 07-16-2005 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you got to three handed with relatively even stacks and were offered a chop, would you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You say in "this" situation....
Are you asking about any MTT tournament or specifically this final table? Different tables with different opponents create unique situations.

newfant 07-16-2005 08:20 AM

I would be happy to chop because I suck. Plus, after 6 or 7 or how many days of nothing but cards it would be about time to get loaded.

Dynasty 07-16-2005 08:28 AM

While a side agreement can be made, there will be no official chop. Harrah's won't allow it.

The players are required to play the tournament out.

eurythmech 07-16-2005 08:33 AM

2.5 million or 7.5 million isn't a huge difference to me.
It's a shedload of money either way.
So I'd prefer to keep on playing and try to find a "proper" champ. I say this even though I would assume I would be third or at best second in skill out of the remaining three.

DanS 07-16-2005 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2.5 million or 7.5 million isn't a huge difference to me.
It's a shedload of money either way.
So I'd prefer to keep on playing and try to find a "proper" champ. I say this even though I would assume I would be third or at best second in skill out of the remaining three.

[/ QUOTE ]

For somebody with a reasonable lifestyle out here, $7.5 mill is "set for life," whereas 2.5 mill is "a good start." If you can't get some marginal utility out of that extra $5 million... well, hey, at least you got a picture on the wall!

Dan

P.S. I'm not a proponent of tournament chopping. Then again, I don't play in tournaments that represent a sizable percentage of my net worth...

ziggy_m 07-16-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While a side agreement can be made, there will be no official chop. Harrah's won't allow it.

The players are required to play the tournament out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chop now would likely leave $100k or so plus the bracelet in the pot anyway... so they would play it out regardless.

mackthefork 07-16-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For somebody with a reasonable lifestyle out here, $7.5 mill is "set for life," whereas 2.5 mill is "a good start." If you can't get some marginal utility out of that extra $5 million... well, hey, at least you got a picture on the wall!

Dan

P.S. I'm not a proponent of tournament chopping. Then again, I don't play in tournaments that represent a sizable percentage of my net worth...

[/ QUOTE ]

2.5 million might mean a good start for you to me it means, 150k a year for life, plus 500,000 dollars in the bank for having some fun, also I have 2 million in the bank for the next generation to piss away on XBOX 41 games.

Mack

MikeL05 07-16-2005 11:59 AM

So you have even stacks... and let's assume you're all evenly skilled.

All 3 players left should decline this in a heartbeat. While the odds of winning, and the prizes, are to be split evenly... there is a HUGE bonus to winning the WSOP which includes: a) commercial money, b) book deal, c) morons playing against you for the rest of your life

How many commercials have Dave Williams and Sam Farha been paid for? How many book deals do they have?

It's +EV for all three people to decline this chop.