Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   standard to call on flush draw after two all in callers? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363423)

10-23-2005 01:04 AM

standard to call on flush draw after two all in callers?

Hero covers both.

.10/.25 Absolute

Hero has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
PUS_KILLA - Calls $0.25
Hero - Raises $1.25 to $1.25
XMAVERICK68 - Calls $1.15
XTHEPLAYERX - Calls $1
PUS_KILLA - Calls $1

*** FLOP *** [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
XMAVERICK68 - Checks
XTHEPLAYERX - All-In $17.40
PUS_KILLA - Calls $17.40
Hero - Calls $17.40???

Massive variance, but the odds seem about right. I'm 50/50 to hit my flush by the river.

Sephus 10-23-2005 01:30 AM

Re: standard to call on flush draw after two all in callers?

you arent 50/50 to make your flush and you can make your flush and still lose to the nut flush or a boat and you didnt include the amount flop coldcaller has left (who by the way is not unlikely to have a set). i fold.

hockeyf 10-23-2005 01:36 AM

I call this, the inside straight draw makes this a call.

10-23-2005 01:37 AM

Reads

Cold caller is a donk. He has $6 left.

10-23-2005 01:39 AM

Do you push for the cold callers extra $6 or wait?

10-23-2005 01:39 AM

I think it's an instant call here--even though there might be another flush draw hanging around (which isn't necessarily a nut flush) you have an overcard that at those limits could be extra outs.

edit--yeah if there's only 6 left just push it in. Not like you are folding on the turn anyway.

10-23-2005 01:44 AM

as it turns out, the donk checked it down, i missed all 15 (realistically 12+.5 for runner kings when it doesnt fill someone up) outs and saved myself $6

this is results oriented thinking but the K is possibly bad because it could be the kicker on the KQ, and also KK and AA are possible pushers here. Two pair and a set are also probably hands to call/push with.

10-23-2005 01:48 AM

you sure you didn't have the donk beat?
If he was on a draw you could have had that hand beat and thus cost yourself six bucks.

krammatrix 10-23-2005 01:49 AM

easy easy call

10-23-2005 02:03 AM

Results

Donk has KQ. Other villain gets a nice note because he called pf with 92. He caught a boat on the turn, and I was drawing dead to the river. You guys still think its +EV?

In retrospect I'm thinking that without reads, both villains have eiter two pair, a set, or a very strong draw which might be better than mine. I'm exactly getting correct odds with my 12 outs, but subtracting equity from either player boating up, I think I'm slightly -EV. Thoughts? I could just be looking at results here... drawing dead sucks a big one