Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Raptor makes a great call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314524)

Shakespeare 08-13-2005 08:27 PM

Re: Raptor makes a great call

Nice reraise with AQ at this stage of the game, are you profitable?

raptor517 08-13-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice reraise with AQ at this stage of the game, are you profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

my range is really large there for my raise, i dont mind the AQ push.. its a lil sketchy, but not that bad. holla

adanthar 08-13-2005 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok heres a couple things. i had 1870 chips preflop. i knew you were 2+2, so you knew that i was capable of folding a hand like AJ to a push there. you also knew that i was getting SLIGHTLY worse than 2 to 1, so i wouldnt make THAT loose of a call. also, my 2.5x raise can be a steal, and is a lot of times from that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot that he's a 2+2'er and therefore will simply never make that push without a real hand ever [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

jon462 08-14-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no bad beat here, the AQ held up, but he definately has problems...

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see any problems. if i recall correctly, [rapt] posted in another thread showing this particular account name that appears in the hand. if he did'nt want it shown, he would'nt have done it in the other thread either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i asked him before i posted just to be sure. I mean, I was gonna post the hand regardless, but if he wanted I would have changed the name to "SHIPITBIATCHHOLLA" or somesuch.

wow, i just realized I said anonymouse.. it wont let me edit it anymore haha.

jon462 08-14-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok heres a couple things. i had 1870 chips preflop. i knew you were 2+2, so you knew that i was capable of folding a hand like AJ to a push there. you also knew that i was getting SLIGHTLY worse than 2 to 1, so i wouldnt make THAT loose of a call. also, my 2.5x raise can be a steal, and is a lot of times from that position. all those factors, and the fact that i would still ahve over 1k chips at the 25/50 blind level if i called and lost, gambling for a 2800 chip stack.. made this a fairly easy call for me. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

funny thing is, I didnt even know who you were when I pushed. you really do have too many accounts and I havent made a list or anything [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I wasnt paying too much attention (4 tabling) and you were playing a lot of hands at the time so naturally I had you pegged as a donk (by default). Given that, the push is marginal but I expect a lot of calls from A9 there (haha).

I didnt even put 2 and 2 togethor when someone else made a comment about you not folding AJ. It wasnt 'till someone came in to sweat you (or harass you, whatever) when were on the bubble and explicityly called you raptor that i figured it out.
/clueless

MegaBet 08-14-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasnt 'till someone came in to sweat you (or harass you, whatever) when were on the bubble and explicityly called you raptor that i figured it out.
/clueless

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder who that was... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]