Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Table selection- Do you avoid people on the Leaderboard? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404419)

AA suited 12-24-2005 01:32 AM

Table selection- Do you avoid people on the Leaderboard?

if i dont remember how they play, and since the tables fill up too quickly to review Notes, i will usually find another table.

How about you?

ilya 12-24-2005 01:34 AM

Re: Table selection- Do you avoid people on the Leaderboard?

I feel that I'm better than most of the TLB players at my level by a wide enough margin that I don't lose much by sitting with them. At the same time I don't think the margin is so large that they have nothing to teach me. So I sit with them readily.

This may well change once I'm playing the $100s+, though. Then again, maybe not. I'm willing to take a hit to my hourly rate if it'll help me improve.

citanul 12-24-2005 01:35 AM

eh, if you don't remember how they play, and the tables fill up fast, why not avoid them?

c

ps: i used to do this and now don't as much. i'll avoid tables with like 4 of you morons at them.

yvesaint 12-24-2005 01:36 AM

the only TLB name that i recognize that ive played w/is McShove, and i dont mind him at my table at all

who else plays the 55s on the TLB?

12-24-2005 01:37 AM

I have lots of notes marking people as being on the leaderboard for X month, etc... and if I play against them a lot, specific notes on their play...

But at the higher buy-in SNGs, I usually feel fine as long as the table doesn't have more than 5 other people that I have noted as good/decent.

I don't think that 1 player, no matter how good they are, really decreases your earn much...

KingDan 12-24-2005 01:55 AM

I assume +ev no matter where I sit at my level so I don't worry about it.

A handful of times I have changed seats before a tournament started to get on a good player's left.

pergesu 12-24-2005 01:56 AM

If you're not avoiding me you're playing -EV poker.

Bonafone 12-24-2005 02:35 AM

no way, i avoid good players. i was top ten on the leaderboard in a month and I'm only mediocre. the players to watch out for are the solid 4 tablers, but you most likely won't ever recognize them if you are playing more than 4 tables.

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only TLB name that i recognize that ive played w/is McShove, and i dont mind him at my table at all

who else plays the 55s on the TLB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fischenstein, XXTabiasXX, me(I'm like 125), lots of others.

z32fanatic 12-24-2005 02:40 AM

My general rule is if there are 2 solid players, I don't sit down. There are so many new tourneys opening it's silly to sit with more than one. By solid I mean about 5 or 6 players at the 109s.