Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Blind steal turned draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407534)

Isura 12-30-2005 01:27 AM

Blind steal turned draw

Villain is a habitual blind stealer, but seems sensible postflop. He is rather aggressive. I haven't been defending my blinds too much, so I expected preflop to be an easy resteal spot. Villain is button and I'm in the SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 1/2 blinds with $200 stacks.

Preflop: Button (villain) opens for $7, I reraise to $17, BB folds, villain calls.

Flop ($36): Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, villain bets $20, I call.

Turn ($76): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, villain checks.

River ($76): T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, villain bets $40, I fold.

It feels like I misplayed every street postflop.

12-30-2005 01:34 AM

Re: Blind steal turned draw

y reraise preflop if u dont plan on leading the flop

i would bet this flop 1/2 2/3 of the pot

then on turn bet 2/3 or pot

now maybe this guy will easy off your blinds

ansky451 12-30-2005 01:34 AM

Why would you ever reraise this preflop, then not follow up with a bet on basically every flop- let alone a flop in which you made a draw.

It looks like you had a little hiccup of aggression for the preflop, then went into a shell for the rest of the hand. Raise more preflop if you are going to play this crap, then bet the flop hard.

BobboFitos 12-30-2005 01:38 AM

Even vs a blind stealer... Fold KJo.

12-30-2005 01:42 AM

KJo is pretty nasty, and its likely fold > raise > call, but once you decided to go with the raise given your read and whatnot, you absolutely have to lead this flop.

soah 12-30-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It feels like I misplayed every street postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you included "postflop" in that sentence.

xorbie 12-30-2005 02:05 AM

make it 21 at least preflop. pot the flop.

FreakDaddy 12-30-2005 03:15 AM

My favorite line against these "types" of opponents OOP is check/call the flop, lead the turn for 3/4 - full pot size. It works a lot. If you happened to be called, you can check the river and usually expect a check behind as well.

If you plan on staying on this table for a while the re-rasie with KJ is good imo. You're letting him know you'll mix it up and he can't continue to raise you, but even more important, you can do this when you catch a really good hand and use it later. Honestly I do this every so often with almost any two from the blinds and then show, but you have to plan on using it later or it's just not worth it online.

Fish1000 12-30-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i would bet this flop 1/2 2/3

[/ QUOTE ] Betting only half the pot indicates weakness after a preflop raise. At least 2/3 or PSB. Preflop raise with KJo is weak. If so, however, make it 21.

SmileyEH 12-30-2005 05:21 AM

Raise more preflop, bet the flop. Go from there. I sure hope you play AA this way sometimes, if this is how you resteal.

-SmileyEH