Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Live QQ Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406080)

lapoker17 12-27-2005 06:41 PM

Live QQ Hand

Playing yesterday afternoon. 3/5 game. I have $1200, Villain has about $1000. He is a pretty crazy persian guy - but seems to play well after the flop. Great game.

2 Limpers to me in CO and I make it $30 w Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Cray guy makes it $60 on the button and says "i just want to get rid of everyone else". I call the $30. His range for rerasing is wide - probably down to AJ and 88/99.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot$140)

I check, he bets $40? I call.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($220)

I check, he bets $140

I call.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($500)

I check, he pushes.

chuddo 12-27-2005 06:44 PM

Re: Live QQ Hand

would say "pushing flush hoping you have a J or make a call with less than straight", but all of the spades are locked up.

AoJs is what i shall say before anyone else gets a chance to.

12-27-2005 06:52 PM

Yeah I agree that his most likely holding is AoJs.

However, there are a lot of morons playing live and you don't really give any info on this "crazy" guy to lead me to believe he isn't a total donkey.

I could see him easily having either AA or KK with his preflop comment.

IMO it is difficult to comment on some of these live hands because you have such a better read on the situation.

This is a very simple fold in my opinion though.

The ONLY hand you beat IMO is a terribly played AK.

mikech 12-27-2005 07:02 PM

call, he has Th8h

hit_the_set 12-27-2005 07:13 PM

who likes a Check raise allin on the turn?

lapoker17 12-27-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who likes a Check raise allin on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - this is what I was getting at. Either a c/r all in on turn or open push river is way better than what i did. I think.

coltrane 12-27-2005 07:16 PM

I think I might've either folded the flop or raised the turn....as played, I'd fold - someone recently told me that there are easier ways to make money in this game than by "making big calls" (not that I necessarily agree [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).....

creedofhubris 12-27-2005 08:59 PM

Folding the river seems pretty obvious.

I don't have much of a problem with your play on the turn; that $40 bet on the flop could be him being cutesy with a set.

lapoker17 12-27-2005 09:15 PM

I called and won. Live poker is rigged. And, whatever, it was live and things never make sense. I played it bad.

But I really like a push on the river I think. Just wanted to know if others do too.

chuddo 12-27-2005 09:20 PM

why did you call? what did he have?