Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   River action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386969)

Joe Tall 11-28-2005 05:27 PM

River action?

20/40 Foxwoods...same game as the Flop action post. I am on the button just after the 85s SB hand.

6 limpers to me and I limp w/6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] both blinds come along.

8 to the flop for 8SBs:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets out, nealy asleep kid calls, 2 others call, I call, a blind calls, 6 to the turn for 6.8BBs:

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It's checked around.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets out again, now the asleep-kid wakes up and raises as UTG mutters to his side of the table, "s.o.b., didn't see the spades". Let is be noted: when I was in the BB w/K2 and the flop was raised and cold called, UTG in this hand said, "does everyone have a King??" and called, to show K7s at the showdown.

I... <font color="white"> called 2 cold</font>

W. Deranged 11-28-2005 05:30 PM

Re: River action...

I think you'll win often enough (20%) to merit throwing in the 2 BB, but I don't think you have a value edge here so I think raising is bad.

The tough question is what to do if it's three-bet and it's one bet back to you. I think you can fold pretty easily if it's three-bet and capped and it's two back to you.

11-28-2005 05:32 PM

Why didnt you raise the flop?

Joe Tall 11-28-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not drawing the nuts and I don't like getting 3-bet with a 6-high flush draw.

bobdibble 11-28-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not drawing the nuts and I don't like getting 3-bet with a 6-high flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that kind of weak/tight? The game is short handed and you are worried about a higher flush draw? Why not raise for a free card.. and if 3-bet, cap for a free card?

If you are going to be worried about not drawing to the nuts, I'm not sure why you would limp with this hand.

p.s. I know that you are a better player than me, so hopefully you will point out any flaws in my logic here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Joe Tall 11-28-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game is short handed and you are worried about a higher flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

We took 8 to the flop so we are not shorthanded not sure if this changes your thought process but it needs to be noted.

private joker 11-28-2005 05:47 PM

Re: River action?

My gut is telling me to fold. Calling might not even get you to showdown.

Joe Tall 11-28-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise for a free card.. and if 3-bet, cap for a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the EP flop better 3-bets, he may knock out the flop callers between making my raise much less profitable.

bobdibble 11-28-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise for a free card.. and if 3-bet, cap for a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the EP flop better 3-bets, he may knock out the flop callers between making my raise much less profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if more than 2 fold though. From the way you described the table, these guys sound like they like to call.

If you are not going to raise here for a free card, I'm not sure when you ever would because you always run the risk of the original raiser 3-betting and knocking people out.

Do you only raise for a free card when you are also raising to protect/buy outs with something like Axs where you are trying to clean up your ace?

Aces McGee 11-28-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to be worried about not drawing to the nuts, I'm not sure why you would limp with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in the answer to this, as well.

-McGee