Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A comp. virus = opportunity to meet up with babe? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392161)

RiverFenix 12-05-2005 09:02 PM

A comp. virus = opportunity to meet up with babe?

Ill just give details quick before asking questions
-sunday afternoon I receive an IM from random sn I dont recognize, I am not there at time
-IM says check out this link to a photo, I check out the link a few hours later and it is dead
-the person puts up an away message saying the link they sent out was a virus and dont open
-I check the persons profile and look at their webshots to see if i know them, i find that whoever sends it is a total babe and looks somewhat familiar
-i ask a friend later on if they know who owns the SN and it is a girl from my high school
-she was always pretty cute and now is incredibly hot. we have never talked online and last time I can ever remember talking to her was 4 years ago. i always thought she was pretty funny, but very quiet

With winter break coming up Id like to potentially set something up to hang out. How do I best approach this? I feel like once I can get a convo rolling Im probably ok, but im not sure of the best approach. I need to open line of communication by tonight. I think theyre a lot of ways to play it and was wondering what you guys thought was best
-Do I act like I know who she is or not?
-Do I leave an IM when she is available or when she isnt around and hope she gets back to me?
-Do I bring up how shes hot now?
---Do i bring it up like hey youre hot lets do something or like hey I wasnt sure if it was you
-Bring up school, how things are, or cut right to the chase and see if she wants to talk about that over a few drinks

I feel that macking online is stupid and havent done it in years so feel free to throw in anything else.
Here is a pic, shes in black pants

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6...simbyph2ne.jpg

tom441lbk 12-05-2005 09:05 PM

Re: A comp. virus = opportunity to meet up with babe?

River, just start talking to her, thats really all I got, your ideas look pretty good, but I agree that you should hit it asap.

lbk

Mason Hellmuth 12-05-2005 09:10 PM

The fact that you got the virus message means your screen name is on her buddy list. That's good news and bad news. She's thinking about you already, which should make it easier to hit. Unfortunately, she's also stalking you, which means that she's probably nuts.

young nut 12-05-2005 09:11 PM

Do whatever you must do, but make sure you get into those black pants.

Oh, and take pictures and post updates here.

12-05-2005 09:12 PM

Just mention something funny about the virus blah blah blah.
She will laugh.
You are in.

ScottyP431 12-05-2005 09:12 PM

River,

Find a time she is online and not away/idle. Pretend you fell victim to the virus and it damaged your computer in someway. She will feel bad enough that you will get a guaranteed 30 minute minimum window of talk time even if she doesn't remember you.

Also, I think you had to be on her buddy list for this thing to IM you, use that.

Use nostalgia, reminisce. Say you had a crush on her in high school but where to shy to approach, gauge reaction from there.

I'd say you need a fairly large buffer of small talk before asking her to get together. After some chit chat try something like "been great talking to you, you going home over break? me to, i always get so bored with my folks. Maybe we could go out some night with the gang (you are lying, the gang will not be there)... whats that? you want to bang bang bang? sure i'd love to" etc. If you want to use cheap psychological ploys (which i advise) make sure you end the first convo cause you have to go, and do so after you've said something really funny/interesting etc. Do not mention "saw your pic and your hot" cause she will read you just want to bang bang bang her and for most that is a bad approach.

miajag81 12-05-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She will laugh.
You are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

Chaostracize 12-05-2005 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, she's also stalking you, which means that she's probably nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words have never been spoken.

LeatherFace 12-05-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She will laugh.
You are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? You gave me computer herpes! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

12-05-2005 10:29 PM

do what you have to do to hit it.