Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Check the turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391154)

Stefan_K 12-04-2005 03:46 PM

Check the turn?

Is this a good spot to check the turn or do we bet because we have a lot of outs against a passive opponent?

villian is a 27/5 0.8/0.8/1,2.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

jba 12-04-2005 03:48 PM

Re: Check the turn?

I bet here, charge the diamonds and maybe get a high to fold.

MrWookie47 12-04-2005 03:50 PM

This guy looks fairly tight, so I'm not convinced we can fold him all that often once he calls on the flop. I think this is a good spot to check with outs.

SparkyDog 12-04-2005 04:39 PM

Without a reliable WTSD read, I'd check behind here. As a poster earlier mentioned, he's pretty tight which means he's less likely to be pairless after he calls the flop, and that nine hits a lot of hit potential holdings that might checkraise you here. The pot's not huge, so it's not a disaster to give a free card to a draw, and he's not likely to bluff since he's so passive. So I would check.

Stefan_K 12-04-2005 05:23 PM

ok, thanks for the response in this particular case he had pretty standard 35went to sd, so you like a check?

SparkyDog 12-04-2005 06:10 PM

yeah... the pot is just too small to worry too much about draws and you'll make more when you hit if you check the turn.

RaiNz 12-04-2005 06:46 PM

So, if we check behind on the turn and a rag comes on the river. If villian bets what is our play here. This is where I seem to be having the hardest time. It seems that if I check the turn then I am getting bet into 80% of the time. Do we call the river, or are we forced to fold?

Peter Harris 12-04-2005 06:51 PM

i think if the turn is checked through and villain donks river, one must fold.

admiralfluff 12-04-2005 07:13 PM

What does this [ QUOTE ]
0.8/0.8/1,2

[/ QUOTE ] part of your read mean? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If villain is fairly standard, I would bet. If a tight villain called on a slightly less coordinated board, I would check and fold river if bet into. I think villain is peeling light, or on a draw that we beat (non A-high fd)more than 20% of the time. Like you said, if you check the turn you are being bet into often on the river, and it's tought to call with K-high (even though it may be correct).

admiralfluff 12-04-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does this
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.8/0.8/1,2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

part of your read mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone? Please? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]