Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TPTK vs Tag 3 bet on flop. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394204)

ackid 12-08-2005 01:33 PM

TPTK vs Tag 3 bet on flop.

Whats up guys? I played a hand last night that confused me. Did I play this right?

Party 1/2 Full.

Villian is in bb and a TAP (20/6.23). Button is a total LAG.
Hero is in the Hijack w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Preflop: 4 folds, MP2 limps, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Villian calls.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players) 4.5 bb.

Villian checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, Villian 3-bets, Hero calls. Should I have capped this or is a call ok?

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players) 8.5bb.

Villian bets, Hero folds, Button raises, Hero calls.
I had a strong feel I was beat here maybe by 88 or JJ and the pot wasnt that big so I let it go.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players) 12.5bb

Villian checks, Button bets, Villian calls.
Now Im not so sure.

Final Pot 14.5 bb.

jaxUp 12-08-2005 01:42 PM

Re: TPTK vs Tag 3 bet on flop.

You can probably fold the flop. A flop c/3bet by a TAP usually means business.

12-08-2005 01:46 PM

Very confused by your post. Did Villian check the flop and then 3 bet? If so, then folding here may be the better option. Otherwise, I probably (>75%) fold the turn bet.

ackid 12-08-2005 01:51 PM

Sorry about that. Yes, He did check flop and then 3-bet.

milesdyson 12-08-2005 01:52 PM

eh it really depends on if you think he knows button is a maniac as well. if he does know this, his check 3-bet is not as scary as it seems. if he knows it, i would consider the 3-bet more like just a check raise against me.

it really sucks that you don't have position on these two.

istewart 12-08-2005 01:52 PM

I wouldn't call the flop and fold the turn UI. There's really not much help you can get on the turn given the relative range of hands he has; if you think you're behind, you're usually drawing really slim -- too slim to call two bets on the flop. So, kinda depends on your read. Postflop numbers on him would help.

ackid 12-08-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eh it really depends on if you think he knows button is a maniac as well. if he does know this, his check 3-bet is not as scary as it seems. if he knows it, i would consider the 3-bet more like just a check raise against me.

it really sucks that you don't have position on these two.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point and along the same lines I was thinking which made a fold seem like the right play.

EgoSlasher 12-08-2005 02:02 PM

A passive opponent is 3betting you, Fold. Occasionally he may showdown something stupid but those occasions will be rare.

Thebram 12-08-2005 02:05 PM

What does the BB think of the button?
What does he think about you?

If he thinks the button would raise you with an 8 or just OCs and that you missed or would fold a decent hand to that kind of aggression, I could see him doing this with something like JTc or QTc. (Big if)

Would he defend with a hand that flopped 2 pair? Would he smooth call preflop then C/R with JJ-AA?

9.5BB on the turn seems like a big enough pot for me to see if my TPTK is good.
If I see a fold anywhere, its either on the flop, or if the turn goes bet, call, raise, 3-bet.

12-08-2005 03:37 PM

*Grunch*

I like the preflop play.

I'd fold to the flop 3-bet. You are probably drawing pretty slim here.