Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best photograph? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393021)

Evan 12-06-2005 11:17 PM

Re: Best photograph?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you're gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why you would make this comment but seeing suffering children is something that I don't want to see. I had never seen that picture before. I was not trying to be an ass, I was just making an observation

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have never seen that picture before, then consider this post a favor as everyone for various reasons should have this image burned into their head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not need to see pictures of suffering children to understand the atrocities commited during war.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really think that's the point. It's a famous photograph. I don't need to see a 50 stars and 13 stripes to understand freedom, but I'm still glad I know what an American flag looks like.

mslif 12-06-2005 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bit too philosophical perheps, but don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too philosophical? no.

miajag81 12-06-2005 11:21 PM

What is your annual salary as a Professionally Offended Person?

mslif 12-06-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think that's the point. It's a famous photograph. I don't need to see a 50 stars and 13 stripes to understand freedom, but I'm still glad I know what an American flag looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that it a famous photograph but I just would have liked some kind of warning that I was going to be looking at that type of scenery. That is all. I am not saying that this picture is wrong.

mslif 12-06-2005 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all you could come up with? Impressive

imported_anacardo 12-06-2005 11:24 PM

Like - I ain't gonna front. I saw this thread & expected to see some nice, arty shots of somebody's girlfriend, or maybe an amateur photo project that somebody was working on. What greets the eye? AtrocityFest '05. I was a little bummed, and it just keeps getting worse, and a slightly more informative post title would have been nice. That's all.

Evan 12-06-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that it a famous photograph but I just would have liked some kind of warning that I was going to be looking at that type of scenery. That is all. I am not saying that this picture is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was really just commenting on the "I don't need to see....." part.

ChipWrecked 12-06-2005 11:34 PM

Actually mslif, that picture is even worse than it looks this size.

It's often seen with the girl cropped and enlarged, so that her napalm burns can be clearly seen.

The pic is credited as one of the major forces in galvanizing the American public against the Vietnam war.

In that respect, this girl's suffering averted the suffering of many other children.

Evan 12-06-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all you could come up with? Impressive

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

ChipWrecked 12-06-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like - I ain't gonna front. I saw this thread & expected to see some nice, arty shots of somebody's girlfriend, or maybe an amateur photo project that somebody was working on. What greets the eye? AtrocityFest '05. I was a little bummed, and it just keeps getting worse, and a slightly more informative post title would have been nice. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw that OP was istewart though, right? I had a good idea what it would be.