Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Would you check raise or bet flop here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=146679)

Clownfish 11-09-2004 12:55 AM

Would you check raise or bet flop here?

Should I have tried to check raise flop here to protect? I think I needed to fold turn here as button was tight/passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Gomez22 11-09-2004 01:06 AM

Re: Would you check raise or bet flop here?

Lead... a check-raise isn't going to do anything with 11 SB already in the pot - any draws are going to have odds to chase regardless.

If button were beating a pair of Queens on the flop, he'd probably raise, although he may like to gamboool with a flopped set on a 2-toned flop and raise the turn. Alot of players don't cap PF with AK, so this is definatley a possibility, as is AJ or even A10 from his position.

I think the turn check-raise is a killer... I have seen players make this play with as little as a flush draw, but not often... maybe 3 times in the last 2 months.

I think folding to the turn check-raise is probably the best play here, although it hurts to do it.

spacemonkey57 11-09-2004 01:13 AM

Lead the flop. You were the preflop 3-bettor and there's a two flush out there. There's no guarantee anyone will bet and you do not want to give a free card here. If your read on the button is good I think you can swear under your breath and fold to the turn raise.

fairness 11-09-2004 01:22 AM

there was no turn check/raise just a raise, don't know if you would still want to fold to just a raise... it's probably the right move given the situation

Gomez22 11-09-2004 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there was no turn check/raise just a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.... guess I need to re-focus my eyes.... or quit typing monsters, It's bad enough to see them without inventing them on the keyboard.

Thanks for pointing that out

'Mez