Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Absolute Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=229678)

Eder 04-10-2005 03:23 PM

Absolute Poker

Dl'd the software...was thinking to take advantage of their $500 bonus, but after watching a few of their $1 & $2 tables it looked like quite a rock garden....average pots ~5 BB... only 3 players regularly seeing flop etc...

Am I looking at tables wrong time of day etc? Is it more like Pstars play as opposed to Party skins?

Cant find much using search, nothing comes up searching "Absolute Poker"...Thanks in advance.

Uglyowl 04-10-2005 03:34 PM

Re: Absolute Poker

It is more tight than other sites, but still beatable.

playersare 04-10-2005 04:03 PM

you only need a 2.5BB pot to count towards the bonus at $1/2, so it's ok for supplemental whoring income when there are no better reloads going on for the month. the weak-tight nature of the site's players means you'll probably make money in actual play as well, though not as much as other places.

that being said, I still have over $1100 in bonus dollars to work off there, and I'm in no rush to go play on that fabolous software platform they have.

mattw 04-10-2005 04:07 PM

the tightness/softness depends on the time of day, what day of the week, and is table dependent. last night i was playing $1/2 limit. one of my tables had an average pot of $4 while the other had an avg of $12. go figure? i would say that the site is gererally tighter than most because of all the bonus whores but there a still plenty of fish. even if you can break even from play, the bonuses are worth the crappy software.

mosquito 04-10-2005 05:11 PM

It varies a bunch. Sometimes the games are great,
other times they are less so. The worst they get
is where you play and your profit is mostly B$$$.

Use the lobby stat feature.

toss 04-10-2005 05:13 PM

If you know how to play shorthanded the bonus will clear a lot quicker.

Keith Fellmy 04-10-2005 08:31 PM

Friday and Saturday are the "Drunken Barn Dance" nights. The later it is in the evening the fishier it gets. The drunks log on and lose their money.

Eder 04-10-2005 08:59 PM

Well I took the plunge...tight as hell...argggggg!Also getting headache from the gui...think at the present rate I will need ~10k hands to clear $500...

benfranklin 04-10-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also getting headache from the gui...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I hate it, and only play there when I don't have a bonus to clear anywhere else. Opponents' down cards get lost in the blur of color, and more than once I have tried to bluff out the only player left, only to find another one calling I didn't see.

I have searched and posted here for software modifications, and it doesn't seem to be possible. I e-mailed customer service to ask about options. They said they were forwarding my e-mail to the card room manager, and I never got a response.

And the 6-max tables have 9 chairs, which is really annoying and stupid. Especially since 6-max is the best place to clear the bonuses.

bholdr 04-10-2005 09:37 PM

the fact that the 6max tables have nine chairs is AWESOME! it gives one the chance to pick where they sit in relation to the other players... seat selection is half the battle...

i wish party was the same way.