Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   how often do you find yourself getting into pissing contests like this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402289)

Adam22 12-20-2005 07:54 PM

how often do you find yourself getting into pissing contests like this

the villain has raised the last 4 hands and is pretty aggressive/loose in general. i felt like i had to stand up to one of his raises especially since it was getting short handed.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

hellite 12-20-2005 08:49 PM

Re: how often do you find yourself getting into pissing contests like this

Obviously not often. Your preflop play is horrendous unless you have reason to believe MP2 is an idiot. 8 handed is not nearly short enought to start pretending you are playing 5 handed. Q10s is not a hand you want to put 3 bets in preflop. I am sure you know this. Many would say the following to my preflop comment "but of course I play well postflop". OK but if you need to fling this many bets into the pot to force someone to fold a better hand (maybe a worse hand) then the fight will not be a profitable one over the long haul. of course, the gap between the hands you can call or 3-bet with here has shrunk given the looseness of the raiser, but I would pick a better spot.

CardSharpCook 12-20-2005 09:27 PM

Re: how often do you find yourself getting into pissing contests like

nice post, hellite.

me454555 12-20-2005 09:44 PM

Re: how often do you find yourself getting into pissing contests like this

[ QUOTE ]
i felt like i had to stand up to one of his raises especially since it was getting short handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 handed is NOT shorthanded

I dont mind your pf play so much but once you're c/red I dont think you need to go much furhter. You can call the flop and fold the turn UI but I don't think 3 betting is a good idea. He's likely got a PP and isn't getting rid of it or hit the flop is some way and isn't get rid of it either.