Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   friend is making a film but is poor (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344289)

Jdanz 09-25-2005 09:10 PM

friend is making a film but is poor

he goes to school at NYU and is a film student, he needs like 5 grand to make a film, of which he's only raised like 2, he's looking to borrow the other 3, any ideas on how to go about it?

he probably has pretty decent credit, but does mostly freelance film stuff for money, so i don't know what he'd put on a loan app. He makes decent money and would be able to pay back the loan eventually but obviously most banks don't go on just your word.

thoughts?

istewart 09-25-2005 09:12 PM

Re: friend is making a film but is poor

The first
million dollar
online poker
tournament.

Crimson 09-25-2005 09:15 PM

My brother and his friends just did this.

They basically sold "shares" of the movie. They did an article in the local paper, and advertised it as buying a piece of the film, bla bla bla. If they movie gets picked up for X dollars by some big company, then that X will be split equally amongst the share holders. You can email them for more info, the website for the movie is Here and it should have some contact info somewhere.

Jimbo 09-25-2005 09:15 PM

He should borrow the 3 grand from a friend, such as yourself. I suggest he name his movie, The Blair Witch Project. I have a feeling it will do quite well.

Jdanz 09-25-2005 09:18 PM

He ain\'t makin money

there is no investing in this movie, as it's gonna be like 15 minutes long and go nowhere, it's part of his film school ish, so he'll have a reel for later, he's gonna pay for the whole thing, just looking for a way to get money for now that he can pay back later.

edit: i offered to lend him the money as a last resort, but i don't really want him in debt to me, and he certainly doesn't want to be in debt to me.

Jdanz 09-25-2005 09:41 PM

come onnn

mmbt0ne 09-25-2005 09:53 PM

Sell blood and/or semen.

PoBoy321 09-25-2005 09:58 PM

He should sell 60% shares of the movie for $3000 and give 60% of the profit to all of the shareholders. Then he should make a musical about Hitler that won't make any money and keep all the money for himself.

spamuell 09-25-2005 10:03 PM

The way I see it, you have two choices. I'd go for craps because I'm running bad at Roulette right now.

HopeydaFish 09-25-2005 10:06 PM

He can sleep with 30 fat chicks for $100 each. Or 3 *really* fat chicks for $1000 each.

What? Fat chicks need love too...but they gotta pay.