Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Allen Cunningham (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278215)

Shaman 06-22-2005 01:31 PM

Allen Cunningham

From what I understand, Allen Cunningham left poker from around 1999 to 2004 in order to concentrate on his education, after having taken the poker world by storm in the late 1990s. Imagine how many titles he would own by now had he never left.

Anyway, it seems like the storm will continue now that he has won the big 1500 buy-in NL and is now third in chips in the 5k buy-in pot limit.

I've only played him a short time and only witnessed him play straightforward during that time. But I'm sure his overall game is higher than Ivey's and Negreanu's.

transmitt 06-22-2005 01:41 PM

Re: Allen Cunningham

Oh, did you just start a sh*tstorm with your last sentence, stay tuned.

J.R. 06-22-2005 01:46 PM

your premise is a fallacy

dogmeat 06-22-2005 01:49 PM

What limits and what games did you play against him? I'm wondering when this was, and what qualifications you used to declare him better than Ivey and Negreanu. Should I assume you are of this caliber also, since you are able to play against him and also rate these three players?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

drewjustdrew 06-22-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he thinks that Cunningham would have EVEN BETTER results during his REGULAR play during that entire stretch? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OrangeKing 06-22-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he thinks that Cunningham would have EVEN BETTER results during his REGULAR play during that entire stretch? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it did seem like he was playing at least some WSOP events in all those years - he had a ton of cashes, that's for sure.

TomHimself 06-22-2005 02:02 PM

Not even close to Ivey

sam h 06-22-2005 02:43 PM

He definitely did not quit playing poker for five years. By all accounts, he is a very talented player. If he didn't win a prominent event for a while (not even sure if this is true), that just goes to show that even some of the best tournament players can easily go years and years without a major win.

Shaman 06-22-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is accurate.

Shaman 06-22-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What limits and what games did you play against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tournaments, strictly.