Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   paradise poker folded my hand?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296363)

boscoboy 07-19-2005 09:13 PM

paradise poker folded my hand??

anybody ever have an issue like this??

Game #901796792 - (blinds $0.25/$0.50) Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo 8 -
2005/07/19-18:30:20.3 (CST)
Table "Majur" (real money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: max blue ($7.50 in chips)
Seat 2: donniemon ($51.50 in chips)
Seat 3: boscoboy ($36.25 in chips)
Seat 4: ,,,,, ($49.25 in chips)
Seat 5: ball of fire ($80.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Miss Taken ($12.75 in chips)
Seat 7: Big Tuna ($45.50 in chips)
Seat 8: cottontail ($27.50 in chips)
Seat 9: 3BANDIT ($56.00 in chips)
Seat 10: denden29 ($35.00 in chips)
Big Tuna: Post Small Blind ($0.25)
cottontail: Post Big Blind ($0.50)
Dealing...
Dealt to boscoboy [ Qc ]
Dealt to boscoboy [ 8s ]
Dealt to boscoboy [ Ac ]
Dealt to boscoboy [ As ]
3BANDIT : Call ($0.50)
denden29: Call ($0.50)
max blue: Fold
donniemon: Call ($0.50)
boscoboy: Raise ($1)
,,,,, : Fold
ball of fire: Call ($1)
Miss Taken: Fold
Big Tuna: Call ($0.75)
cottontail: Call ($0.50)
3BANDIT : Call ($0.50)
denden29: Call ($0.50)
donniemon: Call ($0.50)
*** FLOP *** : [ 7d 3d Ah ]
Big Tuna: Check
cottontail: Check
3BANDIT : Check
denden29: Check
donniemon: Fold
boscoboy: Bet ($7)
ball of fire: Fold
Big Tuna: Fold
cottontail: Call ($7)
3BANDIT : Fold
denden29: Fold
*** TURN *** : [ 7d 3d Ah ] [ Td ]
cottontail: Check
boscoboy: Fold
cottontail: Winner -- doesn't show cards
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $20 | Rake: $1
Board: [ 7d 3d Ah Td ]
max blue didn't bet (folded)
donniemon lost $1 (folded)
boscoboy lost $8 (folded) [ Qc 8s Ac As ]
HI: three of a kind, aces
,,,,, didn't bet (folded)
ball of fire lost $1 (folded)
Miss Taken didn't bet (folded)
Big Tuna lost $1 (folded)
cottontail bet $8, collected $20, net +$12
3BANDIT lost $1 (folded)
denden29 lost $1 (folded)
If you have any questions regarding this hand history,
please contact us at support@paradisepoker.com

facts - it's only 9pm so i wasnt drinking
- i was only playing 2 tables
- i wasnt using the action precheck boxes
- i surely didnt fold AAA to a check on the turn

so i sent an email to support to try for an answer but im sure they get thousands of sad stories daily. has anyone else ever had an issue with a "phantom fold" on paradise??

Greg J 07-19-2005 09:19 PM

Re: paradise poker folded my hand??

For what it's worth, I have never had this happen to me on Paradise.

Guthrie 07-19-2005 09:27 PM

Re: paradise poker folded my hand??

To make up for it they sometimes call a raise with my hand when I intended to fold. They did this three times in the last week, with the pre-action "fold" button checked, the cursor nowhere near the buttons and my hand nowhere near the mouse.

boscoboy 07-19-2005 10:10 PM

reply from paradise

Hello,

Thank you for your email.We have reviewed the hand in question and are sorry for the difficulties you describe.I can assure you that this "fold" could not have been a result of the Paradise Program.It is possible you were having graphical problems with your computer,which caused this accidental fold.For reference "cottontail" had the winning hand on this occasion,but as a customer service gesture we have decided to refund your account with $10.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Eoin
Paradise Poker Support

www.ParadisePoker.com

GrannyMae 07-19-2005 10:16 PM

Re: reply from paradise

probably the best outcome i could hope for

this is superior service.

also, i have played there since day 1, and in all these years i have had your same problem 1 time. it was indeed caused by a graphics overload. i also got a full refund of my contribution to the pot when i explained what happened. this was from our end tho, so that's gravy that they gave back to us.

glad to hear it worked out.

Nalapoint1 07-19-2005 10:34 PM

Re: reply from paradise

Since the new party updates these last two weeks it happened to me three times, twice in one night same game, all at MTT.

First time I ha AKs and had flush on turn raised to me I hit call and it folded with no delay.20 minutes later I had AA with A on flop I go all in and it folded.

GrannyMae 07-19-2005 10:47 PM

Re: reply from paradise

Since the new party updates

at paradise, or party did you have trouble?

SoftcoreRevolt 07-19-2005 11:49 PM

Re: reply from paradise

What the hell, why couldn't Paradise answer a question for me but gives you 10 bucks, jerks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Allinlife 07-20-2005 12:01 AM

Re: reply from paradise

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell, why couldn't Paradise answer a question for me but gives you 10 bucks, jerks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
where is the class thesedays...they're all punks. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

if I were you, I would move to party. while the customer service doesn't answer your question, they at least don't try to buy you out.

Alchemist 07-20-2005 12:02 PM

Re: paradise poker folded my hand??

I had it happen in a 7-stud/8 game. I caught an Ace on 4th street and it was checked to me and whoosh there go my cards! Since I remembered seeing a thread in this forum several months ago about people having it happen to them, I emailed support about it.
Here's what they told me:
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email.

We are always sorry to hear of a good hand gone to waste, but our records indicate that you did not lose your connection and that the fold was strictly caused by an action not a time out. Please understand that in our history we have not had a "phantom" fold which wasn't somehow related to either in-turn actions, playing 2 tables, or accidentally/unintentionally hitting the wrong button.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Conor

Paradise Poker Support

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right. I guess I'm on drugs. I wasn't even playing 2 tables or had my hand on the mouse at the time. Whatever, it was a really small pot but it's the principle. I've since withdrawn all my money out of there--there are better sites anyways.