Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What do you do with those last few chips? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241797)

jacks321 04-28-2005 06:56 PM

What do you do with those last few chips?

After taking a bad beat early in a 20+2 SNG, I found myself with 40 chips with 10 players remaining, blinds at 15/30. When you find yourself in this situation is it worth it to try to fight your way back or is it more EV+ just to let it go and bleed off the last your chips to start a new SNG?

mlee 04-28-2005 07:00 PM

Re: What do you do with those last few chips?

I have seen people comeback from this before. I would just start another game and keep folding until I either get a hand to push with or get blinded out.

zaphod 04-28-2005 07:08 PM

I panic.
Usually i double up a few times, and then loose anyway when i start thinking there is hope...

Tilt 04-28-2005 07:44 PM

I try and stick them in with the first suited connector, AXs, or pp i see. If you spike a hand in a multiway pot you can come back. I made it back from 60 chips in a 10 last weekend when I hit a miracle straight in 7 way pot and then came back from there.

raptor517 04-28-2005 07:52 PM

i have come back and monied from less that 50 chips 3 times now. dont give up. holla

johnnybeef 04-28-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have come back and monied from less that 50 chips 3 times now. dont give up. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, so have i, buuuuuut, it is a rarity. is it rare enough that it trying hurts your hourly rate?

microbet 04-28-2005 08:18 PM

So fun though. I often start talking sh*t at the table.

Tilt 04-28-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, so have i, buuuuuut, it is a rarity. is it rare enough that it trying hurts your hourly rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I takes no thought time or energy to play the last 40 chips. Just load up a new SNG while you wait for the hand that makes you feel lucky.

ewing55 04-28-2005 10:53 PM

I always feel I am so far behind and I need a lot of chips fast to have a prayer that I push as soon as I see at least 4 players in the pot. I don't care what I have, I only look at pot size. I mean, if I'm looking for a miracle I might as well look for a big miracle!

But then... I'm just a rookie, I could be wrong.

--------------Jeff

ripped 04-28-2005 11:20 PM

I took a badbeat 1 tournament and had 25 chips left. I ended up winning the whole thing. Never give up and try and get in to a multiway pot so you get max if you win.