Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Live or online tournaments which is more profitable? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405929)

12-27-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Live or online tournaments which is more profitable?

[ QUOTE ]

ONLINE BAD
Can't read players.

I prefer live personally and have done better live.

Thoughts and reasons why one is better than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you answered your own question.

i prefer live, bc players are less fearless. its easier to bully tables when your sitting there (at lower buyins at least).

Online good: hand histories. multitabling.

KneeCo 12-27-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't multi table any tournaments.

I feel blind when I can't see my opponents and their little mannerisms. I can't talk to them into revealing their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean it doesn't belong on the list.
By that logic nothing should be on there because there isn't a single thing on there that holds universally for all players.

12-27-2005 05:44 PM

True that.

I just played my first live multi here about 4 weeks ago.

For those that don't know, Florida's SnGs are $45 buy-in. But it's not what you think. It is $32+13. Yes that's right! I didn't stutter, and it's not a typo. With a rake like that, people still do SnGs. Some people do 4 or more a day!.
Payout is $200 and $120, BTW.

winky51 12-27-2005 07:13 PM

I didnt say it shouldnt be on the list, I said I can't do it because I'm too....

12-27-2005 08:43 PM

Live Bad: That dreaded tip envelope at the final table.

tshak 12-27-2005 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LIVE GOOD
15-30 min rounds
ONLINE BAD
9-15 minute rounds

[/ QUOTE ]

A 10 minute round online is very close to a 20 minute round live. More importantly most live structures, especially at lower (sub $100) buy ins, are very fast many times doubling each round. Online the rounds are generally much more gradual (e.g. 10/20->15/30 instead of 10/20->20/40). To make matters worse I've seen many live tournaments start you with less than 50bb, whereas online tournaments generally start at 50-75. When it comes to structure, online wins hands down.

winky51 12-28-2005 09:17 AM

good point.

Personally I think my hand/player reading ability live outweighs the bads. I have played many online and live tournaments and I do far better live. I have final tabled maybe twice online ever, placed 2-3 times in the chump change, out of about probably 50 MTT tournaments. Live I have final tabled 3 times playing 15 MTT. About 5 were BULCRAP tournaments that I forgot to check the structure. 1500 chips 50/100 starting blinds. I poop on those tournaments.

12-28-2005 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really?

The ones I play are generally
$150 buy in with the house taking 20%
30 min rounds with 4000 chips.

Is there better? Please inform, please do.

BTW I am moving to Baltimore after my house sells here in Fort Lauderdale. AC is 3 hours away woohoo!

Wife got a kickin' job that pays a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you play with this structure? I haven't found anything remotely close and I thought I had tried just about every MTT locally. I'm in Davie and would love to find a structure like this - it would certainly change my feelings about live tournament structures here.