Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maybe this is why I will never be any good ... Kc9c in the BB.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349733)

pokeraz 10-03-2005 06:31 PM

Maybe this is why I will never be any good ... Kc9c in the BB..

Normal 1/2 game with usual cast of characters. Folded to the sb who raises. To me, he could have anything and more than likely he is on a pure steal. I have Kc9c and three bet him???? Is it that terrible?

Rest of hand doesn't really matter. I got lucky and flopped top pair with the 9 and I bet and he called all the way. I took down the pot with the top pair of 9's. The sb had AK and had a fit for quite a long time. He berated me so long that I began to question what I think is a standard raise on my part given the situation. But, this fellow is a 2+2er so I decided to check with the crowd.

Maybe even he will will chime in. Of course he'll need to apologize for his behavior, so maybe he won't [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

toss 10-03-2005 06:34 PM

Re: Maybe this is why I will never be any good ... Kc9c in the BB..

3betting here against SB who will open with a wide range is fine. Its this 2+2er's fault for being a sore loser.

And try and find a 1/2 table where they don't fold to the blinds.

peterchi 10-03-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it that terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]
No

I would think that steals are less common at 1/2, but since it's a 2+2er, that thought probably gets negated.

I'm 3-betting this often. Calling isn't bad either, planning to check-raise or check-fold most flops.

Assuming you didn't respond to his berating, I'd give you an A for this hand on all counts.

2+2 wannabe 10-03-2005 06:37 PM

I don't really like the re-raise - from personal experience people raise much less from the sb than the button (risking 1.50 to win 1)

call getting 3:1 and see what the flop brings

oxymoron 10-03-2005 06:52 PM

I like raising here to stop people from stealing my blinds. I first check their stats though to see how often they attempt to steal and what their PFR% is and depending on that I will raise or fold. I don't like calling because you are in terrible position after the flop. Many times if you 3-bet and come firing on the flop the OP folds or reraises you and you can play it from there.

Fnord 10-03-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
berated me so long

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you got the maxiumum advertising value and didn't even begin to try to justify your play while at the table.

If I did this to you the chat would look something like this:

Ace King no good!
Raise pre-flop, you lose.
Me give good sucky sucky.
I always 3-bet with a king.
I never lose with that hand.
Raising my blind is sooooo weak.
It's a gambling game bro, lets play!
....and so on.