Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turn: A Free-Card or Bet for Value Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400818)

W. Deranged 12-18-2005 03:22 PM

Turn: A Free-Card or Bet for Value Question

Hey folks,

This is my first post in this forum as I play full-ring mostly. But I've been playing some 5max clearing my Euro bonus...

Eurobet/Pokerroom $3/$6 (5max, 5 handed)

Villain in question is quite aggressive and quite tricky and fully capable of doing weird stuff with weird holdings.

Deranged is in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG (villain) raises, Deranged three-knocks it, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Villain calls.

Three to the flop for ~9.5 SB.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

2 checks, Deranged bets, BB folds, Villain check-raises, Deranged calls.

Two to the turn for ~6.5 BB.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Villain checks, Deranged???

Maybe boring but I think I made the wrong decision when I played the hand...

MrWookie47 12-18-2005 03:31 PM

Re: Turn: A Free-Card or Bet for Value Question

Against a tricky opponent, I think this is a check. Which means you have to call (or raise if you hit) any river.

jba 12-18-2005 03:36 PM

I think a check here is good, induce a river bluff..

sorry to hijack but curious why you're playing 5max to clear that bonus? the pokerroom sh rake is notoriously bad, something like 4-5bb/100...

brazilio 12-18-2005 03:40 PM

especially at 3/6, the rake is around 4BB/100. 5/10 it's a bit better.

bobbyi 12-18-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at 3/6, the rake is around 4BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

12-18-2005 03:53 PM

Blind post,
If we are planning on call / call then raise for free showdown is best, then we can bet our river if we flush it.

If you expect Villain has pair then probably best to call / fold river.

This would really suck to get 3-bet at with little implied odds.

I think I end up raising here, chance we have best hand, we are drawing probably very live.

True

Edit :
Villain didn't bet turn, perhaps he was trying to scare you out, he may call if he has spade. He will definitely bet out if he has a spade and you can raise, so we are making this bet somewhere.

I think I check behind and call any river that doesn't improve.

Stealthy 12-18-2005 04:12 PM

I will always check here after being set up for a fresh check-raise a few times here. In this case we have to call a raise for our nut draw so prefer to check behind and see what develops almost every time. The only time I will fire here is if I have a good enough read to say that he would play a flop that way but could lay his hand down on the turn for one more bet. These players are rare.

Your fold equity is almost non-existent and a check is correct. You may have to still call a river bet UI though as his check could mean that he was making a play with no hand on the flop and ace high could well be good.