Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Offensive Screen Names (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386965)

kenberman 11-28-2005 05:24 PM

Offensive Screen Names

I saw a guy w/ the screen name "AdolfHitler". you think sites should allow this to happen?

TylerD 11-28-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Offensive Screen Names

I know what you mean, I saw one "GeorgeWBush".

Muisyle 11-28-2005 05:32 PM

Are you kidding me? Your screen name is one of the biggest mass murding dictators of all time! Ban him I say!

11-28-2005 05:32 PM

If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to avoid getting offended by someone's screenname then what the hell are you doing playing poker?

YoureToast 11-28-2005 05:33 PM

I agree. I think the most offensive word in the dictionary is "offensive".

bwana devil 11-28-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to avoid getting offended by someone's screenname then what the hell are you doing playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please explain what one has to do w/ the other? id love to hear the convoluted logic behind this.

11-28-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please explain what one has to do w/ the other? id love to hear the convoluted logic behind this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very convoluted at all. It is simple emotional control.

If you are offended by someone's screenname you are not controlling your emotions well at all. If you are not controlling your emotions well at all it is going to be difficult for you to play good poker.

YoureToast 11-28-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the statement is correct, but I sure couldn't explain why.

HopeydaFish 11-28-2005 05:45 PM

There's a poster on here whose screen-name on Party is/was "NAMBLAGambla". I laughed pretty hard the first time I saw it.

I don't get offended by screen-names, or anything else that people do online. It makes it a little more satisfying to take away their money, but that's about it.

kenberman 11-28-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very convoluted at all. It is simple emotional control.

If you are offended by someone's screenname you are not controlling your emotions well at all. If you are not controlling your emotions well at all it is going to be difficult for you to play good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm offended when people fart during my home game, but that doesn't mean it's difficult for me to play good poker.